Hayward PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB6TA

I am new to scanners. I just purchased a Uniden BCD536HP. I've viewed lots of YouTube videos on using the Sentinel software and the scanner, tied to install the new Hayward PD talk group. I can see I am going to need some assistance figuring this out. For the past 20 years I have been using my FT-847 All Mode radio. Where can go for assistance? Who could call?

Thanks,
Terry - WB6TA

vince48

Premium Subscriber
WB6TA
Can't help you with the Uniden stuff, But you need to download the South site in the EBRCS radio system, that is the site Hayward PD is on.
There should be a few Uniden Sentinel users on this forum that can give you expert advice.

kma371

QRT
I am new to scanners. I just purchased a Uniden BCD536HP. I've viewed lots of YouTube videos on using the Sentinel software and the scanner, tied to install the new Hayward PD talk group. I can see I am going to need some assistance figuring this out. For the past 20 years I have been using my FT-847 All Mode radio. Where can go for assistance? Who could call?

Thanks,
Terry - WB6TA

Well, I see you said you "tried" to install. When you did, what happened?

WB6TA

Nothing to Scan

I downloaded Sentinel, updated the data. I had already purchased a couple of micro 4Gb SanDisk. I tried following some of the YouTube presentations and installed it to the micro dish. When I put it in the scanner it said, "nothing to scan". Hummmm I wish I could find a very simple YouTube of installing just one city, say PD. I get lost when they start installed lots of department or systems and then start adding quick keys. At this point I really don't need a quick key. I would just like to monitor Hayward PD when I turn it on.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Check to make sure that the services you want to monitor are ON in the menu, don't have scanner with me so don't have exact menu names. If you want to monitor dispatch and your "law" or similar service is off, there will be nothing to scan. Also if quick keys are assigned and turned off, there will be nothing to scan. Not sure if you need to turn on 0 quick key if quick key is not assigned, I do not think so.

WB6TA

I just happen to hear HPD while scanning and pushed the CHANNEL button to hold it... now I have to review videos to see how to put this on or in a favorites list... Thanks everyone who responded...this is sure a new learning experience for us, or.. ME, older ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.