Haywood Co Fire and EMS page channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FARMER522

Hi group, I'm looking for the correct PL or DPL tone for the page frequency of 154.400 for Haywood Co Fire and EMS. The info in the database is incorrect. I've tried both PL tones listed in the database and both will not open my radio up and also I've had my scanner locked on the frequency for several days and can see when the dispatcher sets the tones off and gives the traffic after the page but my scanner dosen't lock on any PL or DPL tones. They must be using some off the wall PL or DPL tones that my scanner can't decode. Can anyone help please?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
My experience is that most pager channels have no tone as ZZZZhe pager would have to decipher the PL/DPL tone fist then the tone out frequencies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Farmer what are you using for a scanner? It should display the correct tone at daily radio test. It would not surprise me if they use both and tone squelch and 2tone on the paging channel. There is a radio company in the area that sales agencies repeaters then puts up a 100 foot plus tower at the control stations and runs 100 watts full power on the input to the repeater. I run my control stations on 5 watts to the repeater and 40 watts talk around.

Last edited:

FARMER522

Farmer what are you using for a scanner? It should display the correct tone at daily radio test. It would not surprise me if they use both and tone squelch and 2tone on the paging channel. There is a radio company in the area that sales agencies repeaters then puts up a 100 foot plus tower at the control stations and runs 100 watts full power on the input to the repeater. I run my control stations on 5 watts to the repeater and 40 watts talk around.

I'm using a Radio Shack PRO 197. What I'm try to do is program the page channel in some farm radios so they can listen to dispatch from the mobile radio but we don't wont to hear other users like Troy FD and the occasional static burst. It is a simplex channel showing 110 watts which is probably right because I can hear the dispatch loud and clear in Gibson Co.

FARMER522

My experience is that most pager channels have no tone as ZZZZhe pager would have to decipher the PL/DPL tone fist then the tone out frequencies.

Most all I have dealt with are right backwards from what you say. Our dispatch uses a 156.7 tone while sending out the 2tone page along with all other FD's in my county.

Status
Not open for further replies.