Hazard PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
Hi. I notice on the database that Hazard PD is listed as P25E on their new channel (155.415) But lately, I have been hearing a lot of traffic on their non-encrypted channel (159.240). Does anyone know if they are just using the unencrypted channel until they can fully set up the new, encrypted one?

Also, does anyone know how long it could possibly be until the go fully encrypted?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Hi. I notice on the database that Hazard PD is listed as P25E on their new channel (155.415) But lately, I have been hearing a lot of traffic on their non-encrypted channel (159.240). Does anyone know if they are just using the unencrypted channel until they can fully set up the new, encrypted one?

Also, does anyone know how long it could possibly be until the go fully encrypted?
A few questions.
1. Have you seen the Encrypted channel in use at all? Keyup's? Repeater CW ID? Encrypted Use?
2. Do you have a NAC for the second channel with a freq of 155.2400
3. The database was last updated in December of 2019, Over 7 months ago. A lot can happen in weeks let alone months, is it possible they pulled out of encryption or that is actually a channel for NCIC/Car2Car?
4. The License is wrong, So I have already submitted it for an update.

BC2001

Jesse
A few questions.
1. Have you seen the Encrypted channel in use at all? Keyup's? Repeater CW ID? Encrypted Use?
2. Do you have a NAC for the second channel with a freq of 155.2400
3. The database was last updated in December of 2019, Over 7 months ago. A lot can happen in weeks let alone months, is it possible they pulled out of encryption or that is actually a channel for NCIC/Car2Car?
4. The License is wrong, So I have already submitted it for an update.

Early this year, like around January or February, it was keying up on the Encrypted Channel, but I couldn't make out what it was saying at all. I read somewhere that that is what it sounds like when it is encrypted (correct me if I am wrong).

I have a NAC of 10 on the 159.240 frequency because that is what automatically popped up when I started getting the traffic there.

As to the third question, I am not sure. They may have pulled out of encryption but I have no way to confirming that.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Early this year, like around January or February, it was keying up on the Encrypted Channel, but I couldn't make out what it was saying at all. I read somewhere that that is what it sounds like when it is encrypted (correct me if I am wrong).

I have a NAC of 10 on the 159.240 frequency because that is what automatically popped up when I started getting the traffic there.

As to the third question, I am not sure. They may have pulled out of encryption but I have no way to confirming that.
If you cant hear them and it says ENC at the bottom of the scanner or its garbled its encrypted.
Since you have the NAC for the channel could you please submit it here for the database so everyone is on the same page.

I would continue to monitor both channels and use ProScan or some type of software of logging it as well if you have DSD+ that might even help the search.
If 159.240 has more traffic on a regular basis then the listed channel that encrypted then I would highly consider the 159.240 is primary dispatch and that the encrypted channel is Operations or NCIC/Car2Car.

BC2001

Jesse
If you cant hear them and it says ENC at the bottom of the scanner or its garbled its encrypted.
Since you have the NAC for the channel could you please submit it here for the database so everyone is on the same page.

I would continue to monitor both channels and use ProScan or some type of software of logging it as well if you have DSD+ that might even help the search.
If 159.240 has more traffic on a regular basis then the listed channel that encrypted then I would highly consider the 159.240 is primary dispatch and that the encrypted channel is Operations or NCIC/Car2Car.

I will go ahead and submit that right now. And okay, that sounds reasonable to me. I will continue to monitor both channels and will post back if/when I find anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.