Hazmat - Westland High School

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Galloway, Ohio (Franklin Co) - Several victims, multiple medics called and hazmat teams enroute/on scene; ops on Prairie Twp fire talkgroups and SO TAC W.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Westland High School update

Building evacuated, companies suiting up to perform a building search for four (4) students not accounted for. All hazmat units on scene. Ops on PT TAC1, PT EMS and SO TAC W.

bge1234

Seems they've called classes for the rest of the day. Parents can pick them up if they can text or call their kids to tell them not to board the bus, or kids can ride the bus home.

dicchicora

Equipment Called to Scene?

Since I was at work and unable to listen to this event. Can anyone tell me all of the equipment that was called to the scene? I know it's a strange question, but living in Prairie TWP and close to Westland, I'm curious as to what equipment was brought in besides Prairie Fire. I don't think Prairie is equipped to handle Haz-Mat. So, did they call in Columbus? Thanks in advance!

bge1234

Since I was at work and unable to listen to this event. Can anyone tell me all of the equipment that was called to the scene? I know it's a strange question, but living in Prairie TWP and close to Westland, I'm curious as to what equipment was brought in besides Prairie Fire. I don't think Prairie is equipped to handle Haz-Mat. So, did they call in Columbus? Thanks in advance!

I didn't hear anything about Hazmat 2 (and I'm not sure that there even is one), but Hazmat 4 was definitely there. They also had medics 241 and 243 from Prarie, 81 and possibly 82 from Norwich, Medic 4 accompanied Hazmat 4, and at one point they were asking for Madison Township to supply ventilation fans, though I'm not sure if they ever actually go those. They also had a ladder from Norwich and probably from Prarie as well.

oesjmr

Premium Subscriber
I heard some chatter between Hazmat 2 and 4 on the Hazmat talkgroup. I never knew there was a Hazmat 2 either. On another note, it sounds like the odor returned today and they are sending kids home again!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I know CFD Hazmat 4 was there and I think CFD Hazmat 2 might have been there as well.

There is no Hazmat 2.

All of CFD Station 4 (E4, R4, HM4, M4, Bn4) comprises the Hazmat unit, but what rolls depends on who is asking and what equipment they're asking for. They all typically go on hazmat runs in city limits, but outside city limits other departments have certain assets of their own and would not everything from Station 4.

Yesterday I think all they got was the medic and the hazmat truck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.