• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ailunce HD1 power-on oddity and clock resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I bought an HD1 with GPS as "refreshed" on Amazon for $99. Arrived, pretty, looks like new. First thing that I noticed was turning the power on didn't turn the radio on. I have to click it back off then back on againn before it actually powers up. I almost returned it thinking it had a malfunctioning battery or was DOA. That still happens, not a huge issues as long as it always owers up on the second twist. The other problem I have is that every time I turn it on and it does this, the clock resets to 1970-01-01 00:00:00 time. Is this a known issue, is it broken, anomoly, something ayone else has seen before?

This thing is really difficult to operate and figure out, compared to my UV390, if it's messed up I would rather just return it even though it was a "good deal" price-wise.

Paul

Last edited:

hill

Premium Subscriber
Would think it's a good for a return. My HD1 purchased new has neither issues.

Going forward I have many different DMR radios and the HD1 isn't an harder to operate than the rest, just different. My radios are HTs TYT, Radioddity, and HD1. Mobile radios are Connect Systems and TYT.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The HD1 is hyper unintuitive...the UV390 can be figured out in about 2 minutes, the HD1, even reading the manual, cannot be fathomed. For instance, I have no idea how to change zones, the manual says to press menu and zone, only, there is no such menu selection.

Paul

hill

Premium Subscriber
Yes, there is a Zone and with out having the radio right in front of me I think it's under A and B for each side of the radio. If this isn't will have to wait until I look at the radio, since it mainly stays in the car to be used when walking around.

You can also assign one or both of the side keys to Zone. This way you can one for Zone Up and the other for Zone Down.

One good thing about the HD1 that the UV TYT can't do is just have one frequency at a time. With the TYT it is always two at a time, but you can mute one of them.

Never really use the manuals with Chicom radio with them being written bad. I just learn from doing it.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
@Anderegg Regarding the date/time issue... the HD1 uses an internal device to maintain the date and time information. This device (capacitor? small battery?) is recharged ONLY when the radio is on. Most owners make it a point to leave their HD1's powered on for at least a few hours per week in order to recharge the date/time circuit. Doing this might also help with your ON switch issue. Give it a try.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Can someone advise how to manual VFO in an analog frequency with carrier squelch and NFM? I lost my programming cable, and the only two test channels I put into the radio are FM, and have CTCSS. I figured out how to manually dial and key in the frequencies, but I cannot find a way to set CTCSS to off or to get the FM on the display to change to NFM, even after setting anythign that said wide narrow to narrow. I've been at this for 30 minutes, cannot figure anything out on this damn thing. $5 says half the operation are secret code style where you have to hold things that say other things,a nd without a cheat sheet you can't operate it?

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Figured it out after tracking down the manual again...in the C-CDC menu, you have to press SCAN 3 times to turn off the coded squelch...completely intuitive, even a monkey should have been able to figure it out, makes perfect sense....I need my cable :(

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
@Anderegg Regarding the date/time issue... the HD1 uses an internal device to maintain the date and time information. This device (capacitor? small battery?) is recharged ONLY when the radio is on. Most owners make it a point to leave their HD1's powered on for at least a few hours per week in order to recharge the date/time circuit. Doing this might also help with your ON switch issue. Give it a try.

Thanks for the tip...I left the radio on for 8 hours (went to 96% battery), turned it off for 24, it powered up in this millennium, so thats a good sign.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.