Head Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch1ronTL34

Do you mean hook the 3 scanners into some kind of central unit that allows you to set which scanner to send to the headphones at a given time? I'm just confused as to how you would listen to 3 scanners on 1 set of headphones.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
I would start here:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...hone+jack&kw=headphone+jack&parentPage=search

I couldn't find it on the RS site but they also sell a little 1" coupler which is female on both ends. Then you will need 3 cables. You could probably put it all together for $25 or so...

The coupler would go on the one male end of the three way deal and your headphones would go into that. Seems like it could work.

This is actually using this oposite of how it is intended. The intended use is to use 3 headphones on one device... but I don't see why you couldn't reverse that...

I think I would hand build something and wire 2 scanners to one side of the headphones and 1 scanner to the other...

Last edited:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
kb2vxa said:
Are you developing some kind of torture device?

Either that (make his soon to be XO wear it) or he's a fighter pilot. They listen to all kinds of stuff through their headsets. Just systems I helped maintain in my younger days comprise this list and I'm sure it's not inclusive.

1. Radio communications - flight controllers, ground liasons, air to air with your flight, navigation systems (TACAN)
2. On board systems - intercom (for multi seat aircraft, but then with everything they are listening to, they may very well be talking to themselves), ECM signals, fire control systems (when target is locked on, etc), stall warning (only when in a stall), AOA tone (had this on the F-4), other warning bells and alarms (normally off).

I've listened to two scanners at once with stero headsets (phones or buds). One scanner per ear.

Actually, how many of us listen to more than one scanner at a time? I normally have two going. Sounds like a poll question to me. :D

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Originally Posted by kb2vxa

Re: LEH;
"Either that (make his soon to be XO wear it) or he's a fighter pilot."

It could be worse, he may be a Borg.

n2mdk

kb2vxa said:
Originally Posted by kb2vxa

Re: LEH;
"Either that (make his soon to be XO wear it) or he's a fighter pilot."

It could be worse, he may be a Borg.

Seems more like Data listening to music.

Status
Not open for further replies.