Heading for Kissimmee

Status
Not open for further replies.

dick122

Good morning folks,

I am heading down your way with my wife and our family, 14 of us, for a weeks vacation. I plan to bring my BCD396T along with me. Can someone tell me what cities and counties i can monitor to listen in on the action. I am only interested in fire and ems. I'm confused about all the post on the Orlando system. Can the Orlando Fire Dept. still be heard? Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Dick,

I have extensive files for the 996T that should be able to be utilized with the 396T if I'm not mistaken. My wife and I visit every February and have a timeshare right outside of Disney. If you use Butel software for programming and would like the files please let me know.

I monitor Orange, Osceola, Polk, and Lake Counties while there, along with the Reedy Creek TRS which covers Fire/EMS within WDW. Great listening. I usually don't bother with the City of Orlando as I'm somewhat far away from it and there is certainly plenty of other activity.

Enjoy your trip.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Orlando Fire Can Still be heard, I haven't been Home in a month but from what i hear you should also program the old Orlando FD Talkgroups on the original system for fireground operations

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I will also be going to Florida soon and would like to know if Reedy Creek is still on their SmartZone system. The RR database shows it as SZ with digital voice but a little while ago there was a thread stating that they were now P-25 trunking with full voice encryption.

Can anyone confirm since I would need update the scanner before I leave.

thanks,

RADIOGUY2002

Run Down

Whats all digital now and what is encrypted in the countires including orange and osceola. As far as I know Lake Co is p25 is that correct? Disney still dispo or simulcast on the uhf channels? A brief run down could be helpful if any one has some time?

Anything new or interseting such as hotel, dinner shows would be gratily appericated as well.

Thanks, I visit almost every year expect this year so I have not been on the top of my game.

Patch42

I hope this is still in time to help some of you. Reedy Creek is now fully encrypted. No more monitoring there. Orlando PD is voice encrypted on the new(er) P25 system. Orlando Fire is on the same system, but is not encrypted. They've had some serious problems with the new digital radios picking up the massive background noise typical at fire scenes. They've reverted to the old analog system at least once. All Orange County agencies are still on the county analog system.

I couldn't tell you anything about Lake County beyond what's in the database here.

gcr33

Lake Co. Sheriff North and South Dispatch are P25. They are not encrypted.

Disney itself uses Nextel. They are all equipped with them.

RADIOGUY2002

Disney FD

Reedy Creek is now fully encrypted, no more simulcast on the other uhf freq ??? Their always is universal, and the mutiple others.

Well that really stinks, they took the fun out of scanning. Not...lol

My consider was OCFD, OCSD as opposed to Orlando. Orlando itself was not all that inspiring to what I've heard here in chicago. They had their moments but nothing what I'm used to.

Thanks for the LCSO information, where I stay is spilt amongest three counties. It's werid like that, I think one part of it is oranage, the other is lake, and the other osceola county. Lake County handles enforcement activities and osceola co handles fire calls really bad vacation memory, cpr does not always work. A very small portion of it is oranage. Was looking at a deed.

Status
Not open for further replies.