Heading to Port Aransas this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, I'm heading to the coast this weekend.

I obviously have scoped out the database, however what are the better things to listen to while I'm parked on the beach in Port Aransas, sipping a cold one, and watching my 2 year old, and 5 month old, marvel at the ocean and sand for the first time?

Oh yea, I'll be watching their mother too in her bikini.

So, what should I be listening to other than the standard fare?

mam1081

Feed Provider
I don't think the ferries are on the DB, but last time I was there, they were in the 150's. They are fun to listen to if you're on the ferry (not coming from Corpus, but rather from Aransas Pass).

CB is always fun to hear the shrimpers (and some high-school kids cruising on the beach) on. :)

kv5e

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Port "A"

Ferries have Intercity 154.95/155.37 and I've heard them call PAPD several times for unruly passengers/line cutters.

Shrimpers run inversion scramblers on VHF CH 9 and others.....marine VHF scanning is good on the beach.

I've caught 28" Bull Reds on the beach at Park Road 1A access right there by the Executive Keys with dead bait on a surf rig.....sure was good eatin' that night!!!!!

Nothing like laying about the beach doing nothing....and then resting afterwards.

Enjoy

kv5e

Status
Not open for further replies.