BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Headphone jack goes in hard..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

When I go to put my headphone jack into the front of my BCD996P2, it seems to go in hard, like there's a lack of lubrication. I get the same results when I plug those same headphones into my Logitech speakers-the headphone jack seems to go in hard.
Both headphone/speaker jack holes are clean of lint or any foreign object/material so I was wondering if there was something I could apply to the headphone jack to "lube" it up some so it goes in smoother?

I have no idea what would be a safe lubricant to use so I'm hoping to get some assistance here.

Thanks,
Steve

Blackink

I switch between the scanner and my speakers so yea, enough so I'd like to fix it, if at all possible.
It just "hangs up" in that last 1/8th inch or so...

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
@Blackink the reason why I was asking is because newer units will sometimes do that until they are "broken in" so to speak. But it sounds like yours might be ever so slightly smaller which is causing the resistance.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Do you have another pair of headphones or something with another mini plug you can insert into the jack. There is actually a small variance in size in the mini world and some are just a tad bigger/smaller! If you can't do that, just make sure you insert the plug carefully and slowly. Same when you remove it

Blackink

Do you have another pair of headphones or something with another mini plug you can insert into the jack. There is actually a small variance in size in the mini world and some are just a tad bigger/smaller! If you can't do that, just make sure you insert the plug carefully and slowly. Same when you remove it
I'll try that! Good suggestion, thanks.

I'm about ready to try some spit and see if that works!! lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.