Headphone test audio files - fascinating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanZor

For us radio / audio nerds, there are plenty of these out there.

However, this one gets directly to the point, is easy to use and is for personal use only.

https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Follow instructions, particularly to LOWERING YOUR VOLUME and then adjusting for comfort.

I almost jumped out of my chair when I played back the "binaural" door-knock test. Somebody get the door please! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

prcguy

Since this is streaming audio through a computer, I hope you have an AudioQuest Dragonfly USB audio DAC in between the computer and headphones. And preferably the red version.

For us radio / audio nerds, there are plenty of these out there.

However, this one gets directly to the point, is easy to use and is for personal use only.

https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Follow instructions, particularly to LOWERING YOUR VOLUME and then adjusting for comfort.

I almost jumped out of my chair when I played back the "binaural" door-knock test. Somebody get the door please! :)

nanZor

I guess that I should clarify that most of these are test signals, and not musical files, but you bring up a great point!

Nah - for me these are not used at that level - mostly for finding *obvious* problems like drivers wired out of phase, (counterfeits / gray markets with total trash inside).

Simple personal observation stuff, no calibration quality levels...

That being said, one could do A/B comparisons between amp / no-amp, amp comparisons, etc etc without having to strive for accuracy in fidelity. Do you own more than one pair of the same type of headphone? Run a set of A/B test signals through them, and if there are significant differences, one is either damaged or perhaps counterfeit.

Lots of ways to use this on a personal, and not a professional level.

Last edited by a moderator:

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the audiocheck link. For a laugh, i played the door knock through my desktop setup and dog went off her rocker..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.