Heads up Christmas Campers Were in a Blizzard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
My Feed (Texoma Public Safety) Is scanning many of the Counties affected by the Blizzard of 2009. I have opened up TXDOT and Oncor Desert Tower with System wide activity. I also have TXDPS wide open ALL repeaters & Dispatch facilities.

While your sipping on eggnog tonight Drop by and give me a listen!

Happy Holidays to All!

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
My Feed (Texoma Public Safety) Is scanning many of the Counties affected by the Blizzard of 2009. I have opened up TXDOT and Oncor Desert Tower with System wide activity. I also have TXDPS wide open ALL repeaters & Dispatch facilities.

While your sipping on eggnog tonight Drop by and give me a listen!

Happy Holidays to All!

What? A Blizzard in Texas and we are most likely having a Green Christmas in Canada. Man that is really messed up!

Hopefully it doesn't mess up people plans too bad and adds to the Christmas spirit down there although I doubt you guys have the equipment to deal with it.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Cold and windy here in B/CS. As of 430 pm, temp was 38 with a windchill of 26. Winds gusting over 30 mph. It appears that the ice and snow is staying mainly west of I-35 and around Temple. I haven't seen it go much farther south or east than that. All I have to ask is...WHAT GLOBAL WARMING??????????????

SCPD

QRT
Dallas-Fort Worth International AP: Flights delayed and Canceled De-Icing taking several hours.

Dallas Love Field: Long Delays and Cancellations Long lines for De-Icing!

Denton Co., Tarrant Co, Wise Co, Montague Co, Cooke Co. all seeing accumulations of 2 to 8 inches. 2 to 4 inches in Stephens Co. Archer Co 8 to 10 inches. Sunset Texas 8 feet of snow.

ONCOR saying 2000 + without power. Icing roads have DPS Troopers working wrecks on DNT and PGB Dallas Co. sending its sanding trucks out and TXDOT is monitoring the weather. I, in Fannin Co. Texas have about a half an inch on my car and its coming down faster!

Just via CBS11tv: 17:20 - D/FW International has a 3 hour delay for ALL inbound flights and 287 in Montague Co. is at a Zero visibility stand-still with an estimated time till movement 3 hours or more.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Will Rogers World Airport in OKC CLOSED until further notice! WOW! Highway 75 in Collin Co. beginning to Freeze as are All over passes (We got rain ALL last night before this snow)

Watch you Local and National news for more

My Feed is steadily Wreck after wreck .....

W5TWX

We're currantly sitting at 34 degrees with winds 14 mph gusting to 37 mph here in Round Rock. Saw just a few flurriers floating around this afternoon. Not sticking to anything. Sure was wishing for more snow. I haven't seen a white Christmas since I was a kid back in the 60's. I think I was about 10 or so.

Good luck to any of you that need to get out and travel. Please be very careful and have a safe, fun, beautiful, and memorable Christmas with your families.

Best wishes,
RG

redhelmet13

Patker County has been a mess this afternoon and eve, Stranded motorists a plenty and also some accidents of course. Fort Worth now dealing wi overpass issues (iced over). FD reporting highways becomming impassable.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Watching CBS 11 news at the moment; PGB at Rosemead is now closed. 11 reports D/FW International showed a trace of snow as recent as 2002 and ages ago is 1939, But this is the FIRST EVER that they logged measurable snow on Christmas eve. 3" at the big airport.

Hood County declares itself a "Disaster area" and has no movement of Traffic. I listened to a Trooper get hit on DNT (DPS Ch-31) Which seems to be catching a lot of Dallas Traffic tonight.

Collin Co. is opening and closing US-75 hourly and Sand trucks are on the prowl. They just re-opened High-5 after dumping Liquid Magnesium on it. The church closers list on the bottom of my TV has not shown a duplicate yet.

IH35 is CLOSED at the red river by Oklahoma State Police! and West Texas was in Blizzard Conditions with over 8" of snowfall.

Wind Advisory till 8:00 for D/FW I hope Santa has Ice Skates!!!

Oh look here - this is fun: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dento...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CA0Q8gEwAA

And TXDOT's site wont even load up at all! here is NTTA's info: http://www.ntta.org/AboutUs/Traffic/DrivingConditions?tabid=speed

Last edited:

davidbond21

I used to live in Cedar Hill until 1996, and these kind of conditions(maybe not always so extreme) were a yearly occurrence(at least when I was there). We were always guaranteed a day like this that would shut down school for a day or two(letting us spend the time sledding down hills and having neighborhood wide snowball fights). So I can imagine what it's like up there right now.

Of course, that is opposed to where I live now(and have since '96), where the people still talk about the time it snowed back in 1985, and will gladly show you their pictures of snow covered yards and reminisce fondly. I can't really say that I miss living up near Dallas around this time of year. Especially considering I was in shorts and a t-shirt yesterday(was actually a lot colder today though).

Seriously though, I hope everyone up in Northern Texas is doing okay and is safe and has a Merry Christmas(or other religious or secular holiday that suspiciously falls on this same time of year).

W5TWX

Hey Max, thanks for your live feed. I've been listening for about 4 hours now and it's been wild in North Texas. I've never heard so many structure fire calls in such a short amount of time, much less in one entire day. I'm glad I'm not traveling North.Texas or anywhere else for that matter. All my family is right here in our hometown.

SCPD

QRT
Merry Christmas everyone -

Thanks for listening to my feed during this Arctic Blast/Christmas Blizzard of 2009.

Here is some Great Media clips of the event: Blizzard conditions make for messy travel

I'm irritated that TXDOT dropped the ball on this. No Sand trucks hit the streets till Later in the night. Even though we had Warnings from the NWS since midnight on Wednesday TXDOT still didn't have Control on the highways until 10 to 11:00 pm Thursday night.

I was talking to my brother who was driving home last night and he got passed by a Fire Truck on the tollway, The Fire Truck was fully chained up Later I heard several Fire Departments and Most DPS put tire chains on all their vehicles.

Scanner's pretty quiet now at: 5:35am Mostly tow trucks on Most Dispatch Channels and some Merry Christmas cheer.

Again, to all who listened to my feed - thanks but to who ever monitored and Stayed OFF the roads those I want to thank the most.

Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.