Heads Up For Orlando Police Ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
RIPPED407 said:
Im sooo glad i did not bother getting a trunking scanner now.
There's still Orange County SO for at least another four years or so....

Get one, get one!!!

Rover

I figured that would happen when Winter Park went encrypted alittle while back, here in Central Florida. I am glad there is still plenty to listen to from 30 -1300 mhz. I wonder if there will be a flood of cheap scanners on the Local markets?

73...Rover, Longwood Fla

Rover

Ripped...Return greetings as well. I live in that little section of Sem Co. between Longwood + Lake Mary. We are protected by Sem Co SO. They are great folks...watched the house when I was on vacation with extra patrols. I feel good they watching over my wife and child when I am pulling night shifts at ORMC. Wife can get scared at night occasionaly with "sounds outside"...have her call the non emergency line, folks are always great too her! Longwood is great too...helped me install a car seat as new Dad, nice LEOs..can't say enough.

On subject..I have seen some local scanners selling cheap. A Pro-95 for 50$ and a AOR 1000 for 100$.Also a few older conventional scanners in the 30$ RANGE. I wonder sometimes if the changing tech will cause some folks leave the hobby. Hope not...lots too listen too..
All the Best, 73...

Rover

hoser147

That blows, maybe the media will do a feed and then things will work out for the most part. They can always ecrypt what they dont want the media to hear.........Hoser

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Rover said:
Ripped...Return greetings as well. I live in that little section of Sem Co. between Longwood + Lake Mary. We are protected by Sem Co SO. They are great folks...watched the house when I was on vacation with extra patrols. I feel good they watching over my wife and child when I am pulling night shifts at ORMC. Wife can get scared at night occasionaly with "sounds outside"...have her call the non emergency line, folks are always great too her! Longwood is great too...helped me install a car seat as new Dad, nice LEOs..can't say enough.

On subject..I have seen some local scanners selling cheap. A Pro-95 for 50$ and a AOR 1000 for 100$.Also a few older conventional scanners in the 30$ RANGE. I wonder sometimes if the changing tech will cause some folks leave the hobby. Hope not...lots too listen too..
All the Best, 73...

Rover

Hey I live in that area too (Lakewood subdivision). Now just hope that Orlando FD and GOAA Fire (OIA fire dept.) won't go the same route as Orlando PD for radio transmissions . Every other fire department around here except Apopka and Reedy Creek is analog (the latter two are unencrypted digital).

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The Ultimate Goal Eventually is to get Seminole, and Osceola on board as well

i am hearing fire will not be encrypted as of yet

the guy in the video is not to blame, hell at least he said something about it.

Orlando's Scanning Community never raised a stink at all

oh well they have their new toy now, and i can save money not having to buy more radios

Status
Not open for further replies.