Heads Up! ISS SSTV event this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
For those that don't know - we have a selection of SSTV compatible software in our SATCOM wiki article...

SATCOM - The RadioReference Wiki

There's Windows, Mac and Linux selections there. Be sure to use one that copies the PD120 mode that most of these tests seem to use.

Using a scanner, just a connection from the earphone to the PC soundcard will do the job. A SDR would likely need a driver such as Virtual Audio Cable or VBCable. I don't have a SDR (yet) to try this, but I understand Windows Stereo Mixer also can work. I have VAC and VB Cable along with one or two others linked in Section 6 of the Digital Decoding document here...

HF Appendix - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike.

royldean

Don't kick yourself if your decoders haven't gotten anything yet. A few images were Tx'd this morning on the wrong frequency (145.480), and I think only 1/2 an image was Tx'd on the right frequency on the morning (EST) passes. Europe got a few images on the standard (145.800) frequency, but then all transmissions stopped. Keep listening tomorrow, and cross your fingers.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
No transmissions from the ISS over Australia so far today. Did capture a VK calling though. Hope we don't miss out.

Attachments

• 2018-10-28_18.17.55.jpg
    2018-10-28_18.17.55.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.