Heads Up Selfridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dparana

10:15am Local: CAPITOL 91 and 92 are headed your way. They are currently using air to air freq of 139.150. Currently with Cleveland Center on 353.85 working their clearance to ERIE and then SELFRIDGE.
10:22am: Switched to "Victor 7" 143.15. The 139.150 is "Victor 6". They also were just handed over to Cleveland Center 323.20.
10:26am: Switch to "Victor 8" which should be 139.450.
Dave

Last edited:

KMTC

Thanks a bunch, I really enjoy it when people post what they hear on the scanner so I can match it with what I see. There was lots of F-16 activity today, with 4 DC ANG birds and 4 from some other unit that I didnt recognize.

dparana

Glad to be of service guys! I would like to see the guys from Selfridge back over here at the DUKE MOA. There was a flight of four about a month or so ago practicing bomb runs, now that was some fun listening...

Dave

KMTC

dparana said:
Glad to be of service guys! I would like to see the guys from Selfridge back over here at the DUKE MOA. There was a flight of four about a month or so ago practicing bomb runs, now that was some fun listening...

Dave
BTW, where are you listening from? PA?

dparana

Yeah PA. Kind of the Northwestern part of the state in McKean county (read: middle of nowhere) PA. I do pick up a pretty fair amount of refuelling primarily on the AR220 track. The center of the DUKE MOA is about 50 miles east of me, it's a fairly active MOA, mostly refuelling though. That's why it was fun listening to the Selfridge guys doing the bomb runs. At one point they "dropped" a bomb on the stands at the Cameron County (Emporium) Red Raiders football field. After they gave the latitude, longitude, and elevation of the target it was something to the effect of..."Yankee 3...Yankee 1, do you want me to drop it in the center of the field?" "NO, I want you to take out the stands..."

Nice. :)

Dave

KMTC

Chief_71 said:
Maybe we should start a military sticky thread like Tinear and the guys out east do to log everything.
That would be cool.

BTW, I found out the F/A-18s were at Selfridge for a flyby at the boat races this weekend.

Piston52Heavy

GJK1953 said:
Boat Races...... Navy Jets......Makes Sense

The thing is though the AVERAGE person doesn't know the difference between a F-16 and a F-18. I went on vacation the first week in July and I flew Northwest from Detroit (DTW) to Baltimore (BWI). Both flights were on a 757-200. After we landed in Detroit, some guy two rows behind me just had to get on his cell phone as soon as he was able to. Well, he's telling the person he was talking to that he was on a 747. He corrected himself shortly thereafter. The point is, as I already said, is that the AVERAGE person doesn't know the difference.

Piston52Heavy

GJK1953 said:
Boat Races...... Navy Jets......Makes Sense

The thing is, the AVERAGE person doesn't know the difference between a F-16 and a F-18. I went on vacation the first week in July. I flew from Detroit (DTW) to Baltimore (BWI) on Northwest. Both flights were on a 757-200. On the return flight back to Detroit and after we landed, a guy sitting about two rows behind me was talking on his cell phone. I heard him tell the person he was talking to that he was on a 747. I then heard another voice say, "No, this is a 757". Only us aviation "geeks" know the difference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.