HealthNet and SIRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
HealthNet 1 (Morgantown base) communicates with WVU MedCom on West Virginia University Hospitals - Ch. F (TGID 9871). Can anyone shed light on similar HealthNet talkgroup arrangements with the WVU Regional EMS system? Very little information about in the RR database.

atlong

Database Admin
I'm in the eastern panhandle in Jefferson County and honestly, I don't believe I've ever logged a communication on that TG with a HealthNet helo. I suppose because of the lack of Level III trauma centers in this area, all the HealthNet 8 - Martinsburg communications go thru WVMedcom on 155.3400 179.9PL and they take their patients either into VA, MD or DC trauma centers/hospitals.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
If it is a MD Trooper responding mutual raid aka mutual aid to Jefferson County, then the protocol I believe is to fly them to Shock Trauma in Baltimore or DC Medstar as the flight paramedics are following MD protocol in treating the pt while flying and they usually use the NIFOG 7Air2Grnd 67 to talk to the hospital or go thru EMRC in Baltimore. WVA Medcom would have the patch also for Baltimore or DC as well.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
It's the only time I've ever heard HealthNet on SIRN as well. They're paged on 155.160 but the back and forth comms is on WVU Med F (9871).

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
On the Huntington site I hear Healthnet quite often on SIRN on the Huntington Area Med Channels. They also use the Ohio MARCS system TG 17517 ( MedFlight 7 / HealthNet 4 (Portsmouth) Operations ) often.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
Good to know! Do they page the birds on analog VHF down there? With HealthNet 1, they'll page on analog VHF and then talk on SIRN generally.

dwlyons

HealthNet 1 (Morgantown base) communicates with WVU MedCom on West Virginia University Hospitals - Ch. F (TGID 9871). Can anyone shed light on similar HealthNet talkgroup arrangements with the WVU Regional EMS system? Very little information about in the RR database.
I'm hearing more use of MedCom-HealthNet birds on Ch F in recent weeks. More of their crew briefs, flight briefs, patient briefs and air traffic control at Ruby Mem in Mo'town, where multiple LZ's are in use, are being heard.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing more use of MedCom-HealthNet birds on Ch F in recent weeks. More of their crew briefs, flight briefs, patient briefs and air traffic control at Ruby Mem in Mo'town, where multiple LZ's are in use, are being heard.

What site(s) are you using to monitor MedCom F?

BM82557

Believe this is the list and map --

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
was in Olney MD and still able to pick up WVSP trp 2 dispatch with no trouble at all. I was getting 2 bars out of 4 on the antenna reading. One bar for Jefferson county also using my harris xg100p

WestphalHose5

Feed Provider
Healthnet 8 has all MEDCOM TG’s in the helicopter, WVU MED A-F. They are allowed to use MED A-F for communications to MEDCOM and Medic units on the ground for patient information. They still use 155.340 as their ”main operations frequency“ MEDCOM Does not have the ability to patch to trauma centers in Baltimore and Washington, A flight cruise switches to that particular receiving facilities frequency and talks to them direct, usually conventional med channels 1-10.

PanhandleScan

Here in JeffCo, there are two dedicated analog FM frequencies designated as Helo-1 (468.00000) and Helo-2 (468.02500) that is used for Helicopter to Ground transmissions with first responders. I'm constantly hearing issues with each one hearing the other, yet I can hear both sides of the conversation. In some cases, I have heard a helo right above the LZ, and they can't hear the radio of the LZ commander, and vice-verse.

I have to wonder why the county doesn't patch the two helo channels into the local P25 system. JeffCo's system has plenty of available TG's. And the dispatchers are always patching-in systems from neighboring states, so that rules out technical speedbumps.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I have only ever heard HealthNet on the VHF/UHF Med-Channels. This is in Morgantown.
(August 2022)

atlong

Database Admin
There have been a few times (especially during river rescues) where they have patched in the HELO channel or one of the old VHF fire channels into the trunked system. The audio is usually worse for a variety of reasons--chopper noise on scene, radio equipment, etc. It's completely distorted and overmodulated. Simplex is the best method so far. IMHO, they should just do what MD does and get the responding medevac choppers a SIRN radio on board and just talk on the fire TAC channel assigned to the incident or an alternate.

Status
Not open for further replies.