Heap error with new upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

I know, it's in the sticky, but since my PSR 500 is basically non-function right now I need help fast.

I upgraded using the American versions. Did the firmgrade update to 1.8 first, and then the DSP upgrade. I might have accidentally used the "post-1.4" 1.8 upgrade first, but then I went back and used the pre-1.4 version and wrote over it. When I turn it on and hit program it says:

upBoot Ver:F1.0
up Appl Ver:V1.8

I don't know how to figure out what the DSP version is. Anyone, the minute I did these upgrades, I immediately received the error message "Heap error 25B921:25C0" whenever I pressed any button.

I didn't have any unassigned talkgroups as far as I know (this never happened before this upgrade). I did a complete restore to factory defaults, erased all memories, downloaded my last Win500 file (from a year ago) and when I hit program the same numbers appear up there (F1.0 and V1.8).

When I turn it on and do nothing, it does scan okay. It's just freezes up every time I hit a button. Help!

Jeff in Boston

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Did you try the DSP and CPU update again?

Make sure your using the correct CPU updater:
CPUUpdater_PSR-500-600-BootF10F11_U1.8.exe (for use with PSR-500
and PSR-600 models with Boot Versions prior to 1.4)

raisindot

Yeah, I tried everything several times.

I finally gave up and went back to version 1.7.

Although, now I guess I am becoming a little more convinced it was a TYS situation, because I tried experimenting with my Win 500 file. I took out all of the trunking frequencies and only downloaded the conventional frequencies. Viola! It worked (w. v. 1.7 at least) fine. Then I downloaded the file with the trunking frequencies again and I got the Heap Error all over again. Mind you that I have been using this same frequency list for more than a year without a single problem and have not updated it since April 2009. So, as far as I'm concerned, there's something flaky going on with at least one of these updates that doesn't like my frequencies. I guess I'm going to have to redo all the trunking ones from scratch and see what happens. Thanks!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.