heap errors and resetting pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
Ive got a few problems with the PRO-197. 1. The scanner will totally lock up when you push any button and the screen will read HEAP ERROR. anyone else having this issue? Turn the radio back off and back on and will scan properly...until you hit any button on the screen. Goes back to heap error. Also have had a couple issues with the scanner actually resetting itself back to factory settings.

Thanks for any input

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Your hear-error problem is because some of your Talk Groups are "NOT" associated with the "Trunk System where they belong...When you monitor the TG you should see the name of the Trunk System pop up to who they belong....The "*" must be present when you program a TG in the proper Trunk System in the proper ScanList....

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
RoninJoliet is correct, and to rectify the problem you must delete (Program, Function, Clear) the object that is not associated. I program manually, so when this happened to me I knew it had to be the last object I programmed. I went back and deleted it quickly, and that cleared it up. Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.