heard a medic dispatch report on the co system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanusb

It all depends on what is programmed into the 800 radio. The remote head in the back obviously takes over the radio up in the front cab. So the medic giving a patient report will switch control via the remote head. I know that on a fire mts2000 portable some law channels are SD 1, 2, 3, 4. Park Rangers, and EGPD 1 and 2. I haven't seen any CHPD or RCPD on the radios. EGPD is under "local" or something like that, and SD is under Law. again this info came from a Sac Metro MTS2000. the typical zones are Fire A, B, C, D, and T. Local gov (which has EGPD), Law (which has SD 1,2,3,4, and PRs). And the hospitals.. that's all i remember off the top of my head. there are alot of "hidden" channels..like EGPD in the local gov zone. ill flip through all of them someday and write them all down. i know that's a lot of somewhat irreverent info but i hope it helps.

but i do get the same problem you speak of, i think it is a glitch of the scanner itself, because no one responds saying "your on the wrong channel..."

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
This occurs frequently. Sometimes its the scanner and other times its the SRRCS itself. Happens with Regional Transit TG's a lot as well.

Sac916

also occurs on so 1 a lot

Most of the time it's a glitch with SRRCS - Dispatchers have been advised to key up their channel 3 times and write down the time/date and submit to techs.

The key ups help mark the time for techs and is an easy attempt to get the SRRCS to cycle to another freq.

clanusb

happened last night around 8 on SD 5. so even though it goes to the wrong TG....does that mean the radio at the hospital still somehow gets the traffic? or is the medic "barking up the wrong tree" and the hospital hears nothing?

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
sometimes when nothing is going on .. i will hear the dispatcher make a funny comment .. this is 1 i heard

"ok we have her vitals and will see you in the er in about 5 mins"

dispatcher "oohhhh kayyy 12 david are you code 4?"

or other little stuff like that pretty funny

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
for sac sheriff the 1st number is usually their district 10 george district 1 graveyard

etc my sac so is kind of vague and i may be wrong on some of it

i think the 12 boy 2 would be district 1 beat 2? 2 man unit baker shift ?

JoeyC

We frequently get the same phenomenon on the San Diego city TRS down here. Bleedover across talkgroups. The dispatchers will usually come on after the foreign traffic and announce that it was bleedover. A flaw in the system software?

Status
Not open for further replies.