Heard Milcom Air to Air on 123.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I know this is the air to air freq for mostly civilian traffic, but this is the first time I heard military air to air traffic.

Conversation was basically "where are you out of", and reply was Travis (AFB, CA?) Then they were exchanging names of people they knew; a captain was referenced along with members from the "301st". Finally, one plane was headed to Nuremberg, Germany, while the other was heading to Rochester, NY. About 1 minute total time for the comms I heard.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Wow, good stuff. Thanks prcguy for the UHF freqs - I see a pattern here! I've sometimes locked out 123.45 due to inane civilian chit-chat, but I'll pay more attention now.

radio10-8

123.45 has always been a favorite of mine. Sometimes what you hear them say will want to keep you on the ground.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Notice that there are a lot of cute little patterns to many air/air freqs.

242.4 - army & nat. guard helicopters
252.525 - another fave air/air freq
262.6 - used by a now-defunct marine reserve squadron in my area
303.0 - air/air ... tankers?
125.125 - used by at least one ANG unit
127.275 - "2727" used by another ANG unit

And many more. Another interesting experiement could be to take the ops freq for a local squadron and try versions of it with one digit altered. Lots of air folks love to have cute patterns to remember, or use a freq that's one click of the knob away from something they use often.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.