Hearing Audio over a network with Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to listen to my scanner audio on a Windows computer over the network. Siren works fine on my phone, but can i use my pc?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you're only interested in piping the audio to your PC so you can listen, here is a free app that the author of ProScan created for that purpose:

https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-software-discussion/308095-bcd536hp-audio-player.html

The link in his first post no longer works, use this instead to download:

http://www.proscan.org/BCD536HP_Audio_Player_Installer.zip

If you want to also control the scanner while listening, then as noted above you'd want to purchase a ProScan license for that.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Thanks All! I know Proscan will work and does the job flawlessly.
I tried using the striped down version, but a BCD996XT panel shows up and not the BCD536HP. Also, and this is probably me, I can't find the place for setting for the IP address of the scanner.
What am I doing wrong?

Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks All! I know Proscan will work and does the job flawlessly.
I tried using the striped down version, but a BCD996XT panel shows up and not the BCD536HP. Also, and this is probably me, I can't find the place for setting for the IP address of the scanner.
What am I doing wrong?

Mike

RadioFeed will work too, just no remote control. You're asking about the scanner IP so I take it you are using the Wi-Fi.
Basically here are steps.

Scanner Setup
1. Check the scanner Wi-Fi dongle firmware is at 7.28
2. Check the Scanner Wi-Fi is in Access Point mode.
3. Note the scanner IP address.

RadioFeed / ProScan Setup
4. In RadioFeed or ProScan, set the scanner type to BCD536HP.
5. Go to the Audio Web Server tab and set the audio input to URL.
6. Click the URL Setup button and enter the scanner IP exactly like the example.
7. For metadata or remote control, go to the Comm Port setup and set the port to URL.
8. Click the URL Setup button and enter the scanner IP exactly like the example.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
RadioFeed will work too, just no remote control. You're asking about the scanner IP so I take it you are using the Wi-Fi.

Scanner Setup

6. Click the URL Setup button and enter the scanner IP exactly like the example.
7. For metadata or remote control, go to the Comm Port setup and set the port to URL.
8. Click the URL Setup button and enter the scanner IP exactly like the example.

Thank you very much for your help. I was using the wrong program, Client instead of Radio Feed! However, I am still having problems. I set it up as per your instructions. The metadata tab shows that the data is coming across. I still have no audio. I downloaded Proscan, and running it on the 30 day trial it works perfectly! I must have overlooked something, but I don't know what. I hope to get enough saved to get the full version of Proscan eventually. That is a beautiful program! Till then I am hoping to get Radio Feed up and running. Thank you for your patience!
Mike

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention that UDP, for some reason, does not seem to be connecting on the URL set up tab.
Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much for your help. I was using the wrong program, Client instead of Radio Feed! However, I am still having problems. I set it up as per your instructions. The metadata tab shows that the data is coming across. I still have no audio. I downloaded Proscan, and running it on the 30 day trial it works perfectly! I must have overlooked something, but I don't know what. I hope to get enough saved to get the full version of Proscan eventually. That is a beautiful program! Till then I am hoping to get Radio Feed up and running. Thank you for your patience!
Mike

RadioFeed is setup the same way as ProScan. Controls maybe in a different location. Check that the level meters move. To hear audio out of the speakers, click the loopback button in the audio test tab.

On the UDP problem, check that you don't have any software including ProScan and RadioFeed accessing the scanner audio IP address at the same time.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Still no connection. The TCP and UDP seem to connect ok on the Metadata tab, but not on the audio control tab. The TCP also connects and disconnects. I uninstalled the Proscan program and the Client program and still no luck. I am going to reinstall Radio Feed and see if that helps. My computer must be messed up someplace!
Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Still no connection. The TCP and UDP seem to connect ok on the Metadata tab, but not on the audio control tab. The TCP also connects and disconnects. I uninstalled the Proscan program and the Client program and still no luck. I am going to reinstall Radio Feed and see if that helps. My computer must be messed up someplace!
Mike

Try power cycling the scanner.

// edit - Also insure the audio IP address is exactly like the example except your own IP address. Some forget the rtsp or colon or dot or au.

Last edited:

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Do you have the audio out from the 536 plugged into your computer audio in, and/or is the audio Iinput Sound Device set for URL?

Last edited:

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I solved it! Thanks you sir! Once I pasted it above I noticed the extra space between the double slash and the semi colon. Thanks for all your Help! It works great now, fantastic audio!
Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I solved it! Thanks you sir! Once I pasted it above I noticed the extra space between the double slash and the semi colon. Thanks for all your Help! It works great now, fantastic audio!
Mike

Very good it's working.

GrandpaFrank

Scanner Setup

I asked Don this exact question last year when I was just inches away from hitting the "buy" button. (Having previously purchased win96 and win500 for which I lost my key) He never replied and I never bought. Thanks for the answer, I may reconsider.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I asked Don this exact question last year when I was just inches away from hitting the "buy" button. (Having previously purchased win96 and win500 for which I lost my key) He never replied and I never bought. Thanks for the answer, I may reconsider.

I'm not Don. I don't believe Don's software connects to the BCD536HP Wi-Fi. So either not the exact question or you're are mistakenly about the name. I'm Bob at ProScan. I don't believe you asked me else I would've responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.