Hearing certain frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

w12m76

Pun in 2 new frequencies on my Pro-197 scanner under conventional. The old ones were not good anymore so they had to get new ones becasue of the narrowbanding that is in effect by 2013. They are for a business in my county which is Kaniyohi. When they try to talk on that frequency, all I get is like static. There is a strong signal and I set these 2 up like I did older frequencies. But not sure if I need to set something else up.

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

sounds like may have gone digital. What is the frequency you are trying to monitor?

w12m76

The frequencies are 151.985 & 159.615. When I looked under FCC licenses for Kaniyohi County and click on the Conventional Business, it shows them so I thought it would be a conventional Frequency.

w12m76

There are actually 2 frequencies. They are, 151.985 and 159.615. When you go0 and look underthe FCC licenses for Kandiyohi and then click on the Conventional Business, that is where i found the Frequencies. Thought I would have to set it up on the Conventional part of my scanner but I guess not.

WX0BPR

Looking at FCC database tells me emissions on this are:

7K60FXD2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA data 7K60FXE2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice

Still trying to learn the emissions thing but I know what the ^^^ above one means. Can't scan MOTOTRBO with scanner.

w12m76

I would of thought with the new scanner that I got becasue of the 800MHZ system that the fire and police use now, I would have thought that it would pick up businesses if they changed frequencies.

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

This has nothing to do with changing frequencies. They switched from analog FM vhf voice to digital voice using Mototrbo. Your digital scanner is designed to receive APCO25 Digital which is the primary digital format used by public safety but not used much in the business bands.

w12m76

Is it something that can be listened to on a different type of scanner if I ever wanted to do that? Not saying I ever want to but just for furtutre reference.

w12m76

First I read that no scanner can scan MOTOTRBO at this point and now i read that I would need DSD to scan TRBO? Is that some type of software that neds to be downloaded of the computer to the scanner and works with a Pro-197 scanner? Just interested in hearing more about it.

W2NJS

Getting back to the original post in this thread for just a second, narrowbanding has no requirement for systems to change frequencies, only to go to narrowband operation. There may be an FCC notification requirement as well which someone might wish to jump in about and cite.

Status
Not open for further replies.