Hearing control channel while scanning system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich83

I have a BR330T and while scanning some Motorola systems every now and again when someone transmits it seems to get stuck on the control channel i.e you can hear the data being streamed. This seems to happen on a certain talk group. I had a quick play about with end codes but its not seemed to change anything. Is this a problem with their system or my scanner ?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Moved to the General Scanning forum. This has nothing to do with Trunking Decoding.

N8IAA

I have a BR330T and while scanning some Motorola systems every now and again when someone transmits it seems to get stuck on the control channel i.e you can hear the data being streamed. This seems to happen on a certain talk group. I had a quick play about with end codes but its not seemed to change anything. Is this a problem with their system or my scanner ?

What systems? How are you programming the scanner? It sounds like you may have to tweek some settings on the scanner.
Larry

sjlamb

It sounds like that which happens when you get on the very fringe of a particular site's effective range. Sometimes locks on and decodes; other times a short data burst before decoding or a short data burst and then resumes scanning.

Rich83

It sounds like that which happens when you get on the very fringe of a particular site's effective range. Sometimes locks on and decodes; other times a short data burst before decoding or a short data burst and then resumes scanning.

that maybe the case, Iv had that system in my scanner for months and Iv never had a problem. I have moved about 9miles and usually its pretty good occasionally it happens. It just made me wonder because have have updated some system recently and wondered if something got altered that I hadnt noticed

sjlamb

that maybe the case, Iv had that system in my scanner for months and Iv never had a problem. I have moved about 9miles and usually its pretty good occasionally it happens. It just made me wonder because have have updated some system recently and wondered if something got altered that I hadnt noticed

Typical trunked systems are designed to reliably "reach out" approx. 12-15 miles. Many other factors can and will affect your actual results but, figuring out how many "air miles" you are from the site in question should give you an idea of what to expect. The fact that a recent move 9 miles further from the site coincides with this issue is more than a bit suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.