Hearing Digital on NJSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

For the first time, I am hearing some P25 on NJSP. I think it is talk group 41110, and all I am hearing is somone running tests.

NESN

Any other update of digtial TG's? What about the rebanding? It doesn't appear to have affected the patrol comms from what I'm hearing.

W2SJW

Database Admin
OK, from my source on the inside - the rebanding switch won't take place until later in the year. They still have the monumental task of getting all the subscriber units re-programmed.

Anyone using Wayne's custom 800 tables for the 500/600 do not need them yet. There will be no 'progressive' switchover. When it does happen, it will quite noticeable he said.

Like someone 'threw a switch', as the old metaphor goes...

countryboy879

so the rebanding won't be until later this year? well thats a good thing i guess, it will be a problem for me to program in my scanner

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Will the regular everyday NJSP comms be fully digital encryption in the future????

SCPD

QRT
"listen while you can and stop worrying so much about the future."

You still haven't learned.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Will the regular everyday NJSP comms be fully digital encryption in the future????

Regular patrol troopers won't be going digital anytime soon, and only specialized investigative units & the like will be the ones using encryption.

Also, I talked to my buddy about you guys down at the shore who are picking up transmissions on 220 MHz. He told me that is the new highway authority radio system being implemented. He also stated emphatically that toll-road troopers will not be leaving the 800 MHz TRS...

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Also, I talked to my buddy about you guys down at the shore who are picking up transmissions on 220 MHz. He told me that is the new highway authority radio system being implemented. He also stated emphatically that toll-road troopers will not be leaving the 800 MHz TRS...

What sort of system are they using on 220mhz? Private ACSB? LTR? CW :lol:

I know you NJ hams have a good system on 222mhz, sounds like it would be a quiet place to hang out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.