Hearing Law Traffic On A Water District Frequency

BC2001

Jesse
Hi.

For the past few to several months, I've been hearing Law Enforcement traffic (I've heard them mention people from Sparta, KY during Warrant and/or license plate checks) on the Pineville Water District Channel (Channel Info is in the table below). I am having trouble identifying exactly what county/city it's coming from and/or how that's occuring/what's causing it. I do have the PL tone programmed in as it is below.

So, my question is: Does anyone have an idea as to where this is originating from? I have looked around in the database some and can't find any frequencies with the same PL tone that are law enforcement listed.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that sometimes the law traffic drops out but the channel is still breaking the squelch (sort of like the channel is still being talked on, but not hearing anyone)

155.040WQYT460BM192.8 PLPWDWater DistrictFMNPublic Works

kf8yk

Leslie County is adjacent to you & the LC Sheriff's 155.0625 frequency is really close to 155.04. 192.8 PL is reported to be in use on the LCSO channel too. Scanners are not known for having the best adjacent channel selectivity.

BC2001

Jesse
Leslie County is adjacent to you & the LC Sheriff's 155.0625 frequency is really close to 155.04. 192.8 PL is reported to be in use on the LCSO channel too. Scanners are not known for having the best adjacent channel selectivity.

Thanks for your response. But I am very certain that it's not Leslie County Sheriff Traffic. I listen to Leslie County daily and know that it is not their traffic.