Hearing nothing on MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

APOD15

Premium Subscriber
I'm still pretty new to programming my (pro-96), even after four years so I apologize if I sound like an idiot with this question. Amidst all of this rebanding, I was wondering if MARCS did the same? I am not positive that I know exactly how reband the Summit County Regional 800 system, so doing this to MARCS would probably be out of the question for me. Using Arc-96, I have put in all the frequencies for Canton, Massilon, and Nimisila Res, making sure they are all Mode: MOT and am not hearing anything. Like I said before, I apologize if I did something wrong (with this post), I am just confused and need some help.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Did you put all of those different sites in one bank?
With the Pro-96 you need only program in the Control Channels, not any of the voice channels.
You can add in the ALT Control Channels if you wish and have the space.

If you are programming all of those different sites into one bank, then you need to separate each site with either a blank frequency, or a local conventional frequency of your choice. Also and this is most IMPORTANT make sure you set the bank itself to MOT.

It should look something like this:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]Canton 05       [COLOR=red]867.80000[/COLOR]      MOT               
8CALL90         851.01250       FM          
Massilon 03     [COLOR=red]867.83750[/COLOR]      MOT               
8TAC91          851.51250       FM          
Nimisilia 07    [COLOR=red]868.80000[/COLOR]      MOT               
8TAC92          852.01250       FM  [/FONT]
Let us know if that works for you.

kd8mvc

Premium Subscriber
I live in Twinsburg and I'm also hearing nothing on MARCS today just the new P25 system, haven't heard OSP Post 77 in awhile now it's everyone usually hear the turnpike perty often but nothing today

kd8mvc

Premium Subscriber
Used wildcard for awhile heard a prison and OSP 16608 and 17152 but very hard to hear not like normal may'be a tower down or something from the storms?? heard a few transmissions "radio maintenance to turnpike" on OSP TG and been hearing lots of radio check requests

APOD15

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help! I'm starting to think that I may have screwed something else up. I have no idea what though. Everything I've been hearing lately is very sporadic and I don't seem to be getting everything (maybe a transmission or two and nothing else on Summit County Regional 800). As for MARCS, I followed your directions and have heard some traffic, again it too is very sporadic. I guess I will keep playing around and hopefully I will get things back to the way that they were.

Swipesy

Just for kicks I pulled out my Pro-96 and updated the Control and Alternate frequencies for MARCS and Summit and it receives just fine with no issues. Be sure you programmed it as Mark showed you above.

I use Win96 to program mine.See attached file.

Last edited:

APOD15

Premium Subscriber
I took a few screen captures as well.... Does everything look OK to you guys?

Attachments

• MARCS1.jpg
    MARCS1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 203

Swipesy

It looks good to me providing those Trunk Settings are not active. They would only be used in a MOT Custom Trunking Table. Otherwise you should be hearing plenty of action if you have the proper Talkgroups set up or Wildcarded. Do you have your Bank "Open" or Closed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.