Hearing Radio Traffic in Background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, strange occurrence here… On my broadcastify feed, when my scanner is not transmitting anything, as in nothing is being received, in the background noise of the feed I can hear other scanner traffic. It’s very faint, I can’t tell what I’m hearing. But it definitely sounds like radio traffic. There are no other scanners running here and my scanner is actively scanning while I’m hearing this. It doesn’t happen all the time, but frequently. Any ideas? Something on the Scannercast or Broadcastify side? Feed for reference:

It doesn’t happen all the time, but frequently.
Is it the same thing you posted about here?

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Is it the same thing you posted about here?

Well, I replaced some of my cables and brought he background noise down some (still very noticeable), but this issue of hearing radio traffic in the background noise is something I’ve just noticed.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
I have the same issue with my feeds that I broadcast. When listening to the fire scanner you can hear the weather broadcast I have on a different radio and different soundcard input. Its just barely loud enough to be heard at max volume and there has to be no traffic on the fire feed to be able to hear it. I think its an overload of the soundcard. Maybe the same problem that feed is having too.

Reconrider

I have the same issue with my feeds that I broadcast. When listening to the fire scanner you can hear the weather broadcast I have on a different radio and different soundcard input. Its just barely loud enough to be heard at max volume and there has to be no traffic on the fire feed to be able to hear it. I think its an overload of the soundcard. Maybe the same problem that feed is having too.
I use a middle man program to help adjust my audio and a few other people I've help setup. I think it's called VoiceMeeter Banana.

It works great - I don't know how it works with multiple feeds, but you can input 1 feed to slot A and another feed into slot B ...etc

If you give it a try, hopefully it fixes your issue

ecps92

IS the audio from the AM station the same ??
AS others have said, compare the AM Radio Audio to what you are hearing, then we can formulate/point
you in the direction for the proper filters, based on the actual source

I used to live less than 2mi from a now long defunct AM 1510 transmitter and we always got that one on the phone lines :)
Possible, I live very close to an AM transmitter site....

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the reply’s. I still don’t know what the audio was, but the background noise is all but gone now. Silly me was powering my scanner with one of the USB’s the same computer that is running the stream software. As soon as I plugged the scanner into the wall the noise and the background transmissions were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.