Hearing the control channel in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for you to slightly hear the control channel in the background of a transmission? I'm using a BCD996XT and It happens mostly on the same TG Channel. At times, other ones, too.

It doesn't affect audio or anything at all, just a general question. Maybe I gotta fiddle with my settings? Because I've never heard it before.

Thanks.

Otto

sounds kinda like the vc may be a cc on another system maybe or getting intermod off of it but idk im not a tech :p

That would make sense if the TG with the issue ALWAYS transmitted on the same VC, but as we all know, that's rarely happens, especially in large systems. ( I guess it's not that rare in small systems that only have a few TG's) If it where an interference issue with a neighboring systems CC bleeding over on the VC of the system in question, it would not be restrained to just one TG, it would be seen system wide on multiple TG's.

One fun thing to do sometimes (when you REALLY have nothing better to do) is to watch Unitrunker on SDR# jump around the spectrum screen while tracking a busy TG on a large system.

Status
Not open for further replies.