Hearing WBNR on 161.7600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
According to WBNR - Wikipedia

They broadcast on AM and FM.

I was messing around with my BCT8. It's basic and old but it's a trooper and does me fine for conventional and EDACS. I was checking out the pre-programmed freqs for s & g and that was the only freq that came up under "News"

Just curious as to why / how I am getting commercial radio on 161.7600 when the station puts out as 92.5/920/1260/1420 . Thanks!

hill

Premium Subscriber
Most likely for IFB, so they can cue up people in the field. If you listen to the feed more than likely you will hear the producer talking over top of the feed telling on air personal when they will be in the air.

Many TV stations do this with their live reporters. The reporters wear a earpiece to be able to hear it.

ecps92

According to WBNR - Wikipedia

They broadcast on AM and FM.

I was messing around with my BCT8. It's basic and old but it's a trooper and does me fine for conventional and EDACS. I was checking out the pre-programmed freqs for s & g and that was the only freq that came up under "News"

Just curious as to why / how I am getting commercial radio on 161.7600 when the station puts out as 92.5/920/1260/1420 . Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.