Heartland/Northcom Channel assignments for incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

For anyone more familiar with Heartland and Northcom dispatching protocols than myself, I'm wondering if for the Heartland, Northcom, and Metro Zone talkgroups for south bay, if for when a structure fire is dispatched in a particular city that there is a predetermined Command/Tac channel assignment given or is it random?

Specifically, if there is structure fire in the city of La Mesa, Coronado, Oceanside or any other location can I be assured that a specific channel assignment pair will be assigned, like the city of San Diego does or are any of the available groups assigned?

I think I read somewhere on this forum recently that Northcom and Heartland do not conform to structured assignments based on location, but for the life of me, cannot find it now.

Thanks

mike619

For Metro in south bay usually structure fires are on 6F,6G Heartland is usually 1F,1G for sturucture fires I hope that is some help.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I think they’re definitely conforming to structured assignments, we just haven’t documented what they are yet. :)

But I’ll add to the above: Heartland uses Command 1C / Tac 1D for medical aids.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
For Heartland, 1C/D for medical aids and city streets t/c's, 1F/G for structures and freeway t/c's, 1I/J for next available set for more fires or freeway crashes. 2C/D east end medical aids, 2F/G freeway crashes, 2L/M for west and east end brush fires.

For Northcomm, 3C west coast medical aids and traffic accidents, 3E is west coast structures and brush fires, then 3I and 3K are for San Marcos Vista Fallbrook area calls, with the 4's being mostly east of the I-15 areas.

For Metro, it's 6C/D for medical aids, 6I/J for structure fires, 6F/H (been assigning this F/H combo consitantly the last months at night) for traffic accidents, and 6F/G for like other type fires and rescues, 6L/M for brush/veg fires.

SDFD 8A/B/C south of I-8 structure and rescue, additional responses in area assigned 8D/E/F. 9A/B/C north of I-8 structure and rescue, additional responses in area assigned 9D/E/F. 8G/H/I typically for south of I-8 vegitation fires, and 9G/H/I north of I-8 veg, but if one is already being used, the other will be assigned to the next veg fire regardless of location. 7E/F obviously non mass casualty medical aids and 7H/I for non rescue traffic accidents.

Calfire...um... :oops:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.