Heath,Ohio Police Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
He's talking out his ass. The tones won't trip the pagers because the fiber-optics link is speedy?

Wondered about that myself.... sounds like a simple explanation concocted for the news media.

The only issue I could think of regarding "speedy" fiber (and this is a stretch) is that perhaps the timing is off in Heath's consoles and is causing the first paging tone to get there before the transmitter is keyed up, causing that first tone to be truncated and therefore un-decodable.

ibagli

I'd like to know what they were using before that wasn't as speedy. Because either the cable violates the laws of physics or they were just shouting at the tower until now.

ibagli

Are they ever going to do anything about the echo? Sometimes you hear 3 or 4 repeats of the last word during a pause in a transmission. I understand what causes it, but surely there's a way to make it stop.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Are they ever going to do anything about the echo? Sometimes you hear 3 or 4 repeats of the last word during a pause in a transmission. I understand what causes it, but surely there's a way to make it stop.

That's the officer's mobile radio echoing back through his/her portable radio. No way to make it stop other than make them turn their portable radio down while they're in the car. OSP does it too.

Unfortunately (in my long experience), many officers do it just to be "funny" and won't stop unless threatened with disciplinary action.

steveh552

I have not heard Heath since I got the 96 last week. Do they still use all 3 of their freqs or just the one listed as PD in the database? I have both the police and fire 800 in my 96.

ibagli

The only one used frequently is 856.2125 for the PD. Fire only uses theirs to communicate with the PD, and I've only ever heard the public works channel used as an event channel for the PD. I don't know why you haven't heard the police, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.