Heath testing Marcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday the City of Heath was testing MARCS radios. The mobile system with cc freq. of 468.9875 was placed at the Heath PD/Dispatch center while site coverage test were conducted.

My observations; the results were mediocre at best when using a walkie inside of a building. Before anyone says it, I know the system was not designed for 100% handheld coverage, but the reality is our jobs require us to enter people’s homes.

If I hear any information about them moving from their current trs to MARCS I will post it.

steveh552

Heath always stays ahead of the game with communcations equipment and it would not suprise me, I figure in the next year or 2, Newark will move into the 800 trucked world. It will be a shame when it does happen, having to buy all new scanning equipment.

jeepers128

I had a conversation with a member of the NPD, who over sees the communications and he didn't seem to interested in the 800mhz system or the marcs. He did tell me that what they have now works well enough to keep them going for a long time.

mmartinfan

Banned
90% of cities do not need any kinds of trunked systems. Its expensive to install, maintain, and operate. For a city the size of Newark 2 UHF channels for PD and 2 FD channels and a couple for service would work perfect.

Save the $$$ for something needed like police cars or equipment for the officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.