heeeeeelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimstah

hello, i need some help here please. i was told tht i could get around the webfilter/firewall that is on the computer where i work by using a proxy server... i have googled and found many sites with free proxy servers but these sites are also blocked by the webfilter/firewall??? can omeone shed some light on this issue or perhaps recconmend a site that i could use? thanks guys

N0IU

Not to rain on your parade, but if your employer is providing you with a computer and an Internet connection, I would be very careful about circumventing their security. Is your job worth it?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
hello, i need some help here please. i was told tht i could get around the webfilter/firewall that is on the computer where i work by using a proxy server... i have googled and found many sites with free proxy servers but these sites are also blocked by the webfilter/firewall??? can omeone shed some light on this issue or perhaps recconmend a site that i could use? thanks guys
When they're all blocked you need to setup either your own proxy server or SSH server. It takes some expertise to do them both but they'll do what you need. I used to use SSH tunnels myself. I eventually moved to remoting in to my home computer (via Windows RDC or VNC) and browsing from there; there's less to notice that way. Depends on your company's firewall which ports they let through but there's always a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.