Heil Sound Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb0nly

Anyone dealt with Heil and trying to get replacement parts? Years ago i bought a new HC-5 element from them to replace one that failed, i contacted them yesterday to get a new element for my headset, which just failed also, its pretty old so i guess it was just its time.

I contacted Heil about getting a new element, the HC-4 and HC-5 is discontinued by the sounds of it, they have the HC-6 now but they won't sell it to me. Why? They will only take it in for repair. Cost? About $70 including return shipping, about $85 including my cost to ship it to them, and on top of that i have to wait weeks.

I can buy everything else for this headset online, speakers, all the headset parts, the only part of the whole headset that is not available is the microphone element.

Is this just stupidity or what?? Anyone can solder two wires, or should be able to. I have rebuilt many of these headsets over the years for other hams, but thankfully never a dead mic element. Now i have a dead element and no way to purchase a replacement!!

Anyone know of a source of a similar mic element? I know Heil doesn't make these cartridges, someone makes them for them or they just buy to order, but i can't find any elements online. Don't suggest an electret element, been down that road before, the sound sucks.

elk2370bruce

I've always had good luck with Heil. I've spoken with Bob (who IS accessible) and resolved both repair and parts issues quickly. I agree with the above. Shoot Bob an e-mail.

K

kb0nly

I sent him an email weeks ago... No reply.

Sent an email to the company, this rude individual by the name of Jerry Lynch replied. After he basically told me off i told him off, sending a CC of the email to Bob as well.

I won't keep my fingers crossed as my last few experiences with Heil is they really don't care about the amateur product users anymore. I have had three problems with them in less than that amount of years. The last few times i was able to get it resolved, but this time i seem to be getting ignored emails or rude responses.

I do have many of their products, and the ones i have kept work well... But i just hope they "keep" working! I should have gotten many more years out of this headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.