Helicopter crash at Skiatook airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

I Just arrived at work and have officers standing by for the FAA at the Skiatook municipal airport; evidently a student was lifting off for his first solo flight and turned the aircraft on its side. there was no injuries, just spilled fuel and an expensive 'whoops'! :D

maybe he'd be a good candidate for employment with Air-Evac?

red8

Thank goodness nobody's hurt, just their pride. My instructor at the rc field one day was teaching me how to land my rc plane and at the end of the runway was ditch with an abandoned gator hole in it. The
plane was coasting in and he came in a little too short and the plane
landed, you guessed it right in the abandoned gator hole. However at
the time I didn't no that the gator was empty lol :). Needless to say
the plane was recovered with out damages.

Medic32

phil_smith said:
maybe he'd be a good candidate for employment with Air-Evac?

nah, there piolits can usually get up in the air...they just can't seem to get the staying up in the air part down

KOK5CY

My dad used that airport for a number of year's it's alway's had a bad run way . Last time i was there was back in the late 80's we had to fly in there to get our Piper J-3 Cub inspected .

car2back

KOK5CY said:
My dad used that airport for a number of year's it's alway's had a bad run way . Last time i was there was back in the late 80's we had to fly in there to get our Piper J-3 Cub inspected .

I think they resurfaced & extended it a couple years ago... or maybe they were just talking about it :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.