hello all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn1234

Hello all great site as of so far please move topic if not in right section

Hello my name is Shawn.

Due to the recent fire on my street video: YouTube - Levittown House Fire i decided to pick my fathers old scanner. We recently lived in Philadelphia and we used the scanner to listen to the 1st-26th districts of the Philadelphia police. i was around age 4 or 5 at the time. Now i am 16 and decided to try and listen to our current Police and Fire co's and pd's.i live in Bristol Township Levittown PA not too far from the turnpike. i cannot seem to find a working frequency for our township but randomly scanning i found a channel with Bensalem township (not too far from us just down I 95 a lil bit) Police or Fire Dispatch i enjoy listing to the live feed on this site but its not the same and i would like to free up the computer for my mother and father to use sometime. Any help is greatly appreciated. the scanner model is a Radio Shack Pro-28

Thank you, Shawn.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the site and welcome the wide world of scanning. Unfortunately the scanner you have will not pick up the Bucks County TRS. You can listen to the dispatch simulcast on VHF. All of Bucks in on a digital system now with analog available for things like some tac channels and local communication. For the time being the turnpike operates on VHF.

You are going to have to upgrade to a much more advanced scanner to listen to the county. I am not that far away in Doylestown so if I can be of help- give me a yell.

Shawn1234

:( but it doesnt matter i can upgrade might take a couple pay checks though. i can hear the turnpike as you stated i actually helped my father out by calling him and telling him to get off the turnpike because of the winter ban on trucks(hes a truck driver).What Kind of scanner would you recommend for this kind of use? thanks for the help and doylestown nice to find some one local.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
You should begin to look at either the Radio Shack pro-106 (same radio as the GRE PSR 500) or the Uniden BC-396t or the most recent version- the 396XT. Either radio will do the job. They are handhelds, both manufacturers make desk top versions but the handhelds are much more versatile. I had seen a recent post where someone said the Radio Shack scanner was on sale for about $100.00 off the list price. Worth looking into.

Keep in touch

Status
Not open for further replies.