Hello and Q? about a freq that won't enter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbers

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the scanning hobby aside from having a Bearcat years ago when I lived in a bigger city and nothing was scrambled. I purchased as Whistler 1065 and found a wealth of guidance and information on this site in various posts and followed instructions and had no issues programming the 1065 thx to your site walk thrus. I joined the site and downloaded the PDF of freqs and started to program my town and the surrounding towns, all of which are very rural, unscrambled and conventional objects on the 1065. I live in Candia NH. My local Candia NH PD has two channels; 154.62500 and 154.74500. 154.75400 will not program. Regardless of how many times I enter the above freq it displays as 154.747500. I have used the search function here and am wondering is some kind of splinter freq and is rounding up or if it is something else? Any help or explanation is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any insght or guidance or clarification as to what I might be doing incorrectly, Chris

nd5y

154.745 is not a valid FCC allocation. The closest ones would be 154.74 or 154.7475.
You should be able to receive it on either of those with no problem.

Some Whistler models won't accept frequencies that are not valid in the US. There is a menu setting called FlexStep that can fix it.

Use the forum search function and search for "FlexStep" there are several threads about it.

Last edited:

jabbers

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both nd5y and W8RMH for the fast replies. I thought I was fat fingering the keypad. I have entered the freqs recommended and sure enough I am getting results (someone is doing fireworks near a horse farm and scaring the mares and someone else is mag dumping a semi-auto too close for comfort somewhere else in town). Much thanks! Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.