Hello, and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Hi Rylak,

As to your previous pm, no offense, but some folks are not designed for "social networking", 'nuff said, lol.

However, one more pm containing your mailing address (USPS) might be beneficial.

R

No offense taken, and I respect your position regarding the matter. As per your request I did send you a PM with the information.

-Rylak

rwier

................................................................... If anyone has anything they dont use laying around im sure this guy would get more use out of it right now ..............................................

Thanks for the prod xeno. I am making a hardware contribution to Rylak, and am hereby rescinding my money offer/s.

And to Rylak, prepare for mail later in the week by searching the RR Forum Archives for multiple posts on

"396t bad speaker"

(last I checked it worked good with headphones)

R

rwier

Just learned that RR goes back and changes your sig on previous posts. Wish it hadn't done that.

R

SCPD

QRT
Well i got my Pro-2050 with external speaker all boxed and its going out fedex tomorrow. Here is the tracking number.

I'm sending it threw my work cause the shipping price is insane. i will go out ground so the tracking number should be valid some time before 5pm est

I'm sure he will get a lot of use out of it.

Rwier what did you send him?

rwier

396t (blown speaker), wall-wart, and programming cable, all fit in USPS small box (if it fits, it ships), AZ to CA, less than six bucks.

SCPD

QRT
Now all he needs is a dual band hand held and i think he is all set. To bad you did not send me the 396t i would have replaced the speaker for him. I actually feel pretty good inside helping this guy out :)

rwier

I read all the posts about repair, but if that little radio is worth anything, it wouldn't be after I started cutting, gutting, and skinnin' it. I'll save that for a live catfish, lol. Last I checked it worked great with a cheap (<$10) headset.

In the back of my head I always thought that someday I would send it in for repair. But thinking seriously, I am hearing most everything I want to hear, at home, and in my vehicle. Now the next "latest and greatest" scanner? I'll want one of them, if I'm still kickin', lol.

R

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Well i got my Pro-2050 with external speaker all boxed and its going out fedex tomorrow. Here is the tracking number.

I absolutely will indeed make use of "any" and "all" stuff sent to me. I will even upon request take and send pictures of me, as well as my setup with the donated gear once it arrives.

Just to be clear with the entire community, my initial purpose to this thread was to simply share my gratitude towards the community for supporting RR, and making it a valuable resource.

It was never my intentions, or expectations for a few members of the community to go to such great lengths to care for another ones needs or desires. I never asked or requested anything from the community outside of answering questions, like other members on here do. A few members simply saw a potential need to help, and graciously took the initiative to do so without asking for anything in return.

With that said, I simply want to thank them for allowing me to enjoy a hobby which is near and dear to me. I sincerely appreciate them for doing everything they have done for me.

In closing. Although, I will say it again, that it was never my intentions for this to go as far as it did, I won't deny, nor regret that it did. I am in need of equipment, and will definitely put all of it to great use.

If anyone has any questions, please by all means feel free to PM me. Also while on the subject; if you have any radio stuff you no longer need or want, please PM me with what you have. I can guarantee you that I will use it, and enjoy it very much. At the very least I will find a way to pay for shipping.

Also keep in mind that I am a firm believer in the "pay it forward" method. If and when the time arises that another member of the community might be in need of something, I will gladly do what I can for them.

-Rylak

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE To bad you did not send me the 396t i would have replaced the speaker for him. I actually feel pretty good inside helping this guy out :)[/QUOTE]

zeno194, if you believe it's a cheap fix, and your willing to provide the fix, I'll use the funds I had intended to use for membership towards shipping costs.

PM me with your details, so that once the scanner arrives, I can just have it sent to you for repairs.

Thank you rwier, that is definitely a nice unit. My county will someday switch to digital, so good to know that when that happens I'll have a unit that will be able to support it.

-Rylak

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber

I'm sending it threw my work cause the shipping price is insane. i will go out ground so the tracking number should be valid some time before 5pm est

Rwier what did you send him?

xeno194, Your package has just arrived! This thing is in pristine condition! Wowzers. Thank you very much, I will enjoy this thing very much.

Now I am just waiting on rwier's package. I don't have a tracking number for that, but, assuming it's been shipped, I should expect it to arrive soon. At any rate, I'll be quite busy programing them for a while. :p

rwier, I sent you a PM. If you would please respond there or here, I would sincerely appreciate it.

I'm so thrilled! Fun times ahead, that's for sure. Thanks again guys. You have made me a very very happy person.

-Rylak

rwier

From in the Post Office, "if it fits, it ships", early morning on the 11th, Priority Mail "small box", no paperwork or tracking number received (unless it was on the tiny VISA receipt). I thought it would have gotten there Friday? After a week I will go back to the Post Office for a chat.

R

additional: The above procedure took place at a "teller" window, with the assistance of a USPS employ. He went as far (at my request) as to confirm that the address (yours) was a valid address in their system.

Last edited:

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
From in the Post Office, "if it fits, it ships", early morning on the 11th, Priority Mail "small box", no paperwork or tracking number received (unless it was on the tiny VISA receipt). I thought it would have gotten there Friday? After a week I will go back to the Post Office for a chat.

R

I have not received delivery, or even failed to deliver slip. Could you PM me with the address or info you put on the label to ensure it was put in properly? Either way coming from AZ should take 3-days max. Something somewhere is amiss. Not sure how the "If it fit's, it ships" policy is, but I would only assume they would have some form of tracking mechanism in place for this very reason.

-Rylak

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
I have not received delivery, or even failed to deliver slip. Could you PM me with the address or info you put on the label to ensure it was put in properly? Either way coming from AZ should take 3-days max. Something somewhere is amiss. Not sure how the "If it fit's, it ships" policy is, but I would only assume they would have some form of tracking mechanism in place for this very reason.

-Rylak

LOL now that's funny. Literally after I posted my previous reply to you rwier, the mail delivery man knocked on my door and handed me a box. So, scratch having to have a chat with the postal service.

I'll be going over the contents and writing up a following post. Thank you rwier.

-Rylak

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
sent you a pm, which you can now ignore.

Thank you rwier, everything seems to be in order. Just need to find an antenna for it. Looks brand new. You and xeno194 definitely keep your radios in good shape. Bummer regarding the speaker, other then that great radio. I sincerely appreciate you helping me out with this. Digital trunking to boot. I'm speechless. 2 great radios and years of extreme joy I will be getting from them both.

-Rylak

Status
Not open for further replies.