Hello, and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone new and old. Just wanted to say hi, and to thank everyone who has helped me on the forums. I also learned quite a bit from perusing the forums over the last few months. Very enjoyable experience.

I hope to come across some extra funds and buy a membership. Kudos to everyone that contributes to the site. Very good resource. Sorry for this needless post to a degree, but wanted to express my gratitude.

-Rylak

Hello everyone new and old. Just wanted to say hi, and to thank everyone who has helped me on the forums. I also learned quite a bit from perusing the forums over the last few months. Very enjoyable experience.

I hope to come across some extra funds and buy a membership. Kudos to everyone that contributes to the site. Very good resource. Sorry for this needless post to a degree, but wanted to express my gratitude.

-Rylak

As you stated there are a lot of knowlegdeable people here. We all learn from each other tips and tricks.

Premium membership is great to have. 15.00 for 6 months and 30.00 for the year so I would say it is very reasonable.

Welcome to the Radio Reference Community.

scanningisfun

-Rylak

If you provide a feed you get premium for free. (Like me)

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
I live on Social Security Disability Income, and funds are very tight. If I had the means of providing a feed I would. Membership fees are very reasonable indeed for the average person. But when you live on SSDI, the membership fee is not very easy.

I am currently setting aside $5 per month and will be purchasing a 1-year membership once I get enough funds. I love this website, and appreciate everyone's contribution to the site and to those that maintain the databases. I am learning so much on here. Excellent resource, not to mention all of the great people on here.

-Rylak

scanningisfun

I live on Social Security Disability Income, and funds are very tight. If I had the means of providing a feed I would. Membership fees are very reasonable indeed for the average person. But when you live on SSDI, the membership fee is not very easy.

I am currently setting aside $5 per month and will be purchasing a 1-year membership once I get enough funds. I love this website, and appreciate everyone's contribution to the site and to those that maintain the databases. I am learning so much on here. Excellent resource, not to mention all of the great people on here.

-Rylak

You should ask a mod or someone for it for free. Maybe they will understand. Premium doesn't really add anything. It just adds some search features. Being able to download spreadsheets, etc.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Yea, I don't know about that. However, if someone with the ability to offer me that privilege I would sincerely be thankful for it, and most certainly make full use of it. But I would be embarrassed to directly ask for that privilege.

-Rylak

SCPD

QRT
Well why dont we all chip in the difference and get this guy a paid membership. How much do you have saved up? Im far from rich but i dont mind helping others.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Will have $10 saved by the first of November. Unfortunately, this site doesn't have a donation button, or I would make a donation with what I could spare. Although the perks of having a membership could prove useful, I would just be happy to support the site and it's members the best I could.

Thank you xeno194. Your willingness to help only reinforces my appreciation and camaraderie shown by most everyone I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

I spend a lot of time on here each day perusing the forums, and reading. I wish I knew about this site much much sooner. I'm currently studying for my HAM operators license, and between learning things on here, I'm also using google alot to find online books, tests, etc.

Any recommendations on books besides the ARRL offerings?

-Rylak

SCPD

QRT
Rylak my pleasure to help. Do you have a scanner? If not i have a spare radio shack pro-2050 i can send you. The backlight is blowout but the radio works fine. Let me know If any mods can PM or even if Lindsey can email me so i can send the difference in to get him a paid membership. Who else is chipping in?

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
You people are truly something else. Believe me, the fact that your willing to do this is beyond words. For that, I sincerely appreciate it tremendously.

Having a membership can wait. I just wish there was an alternative way to support the site's projects.

Seriously, I thank you for your kindness and generosity, but please keep your money. The way the economy is, I don't want to see you all in this predicament.

-Rylak

SCPD

QRT
I just paid RR in full for your membership. I left a note in my paypal payment to radio ref to apply it to your account. You should be good to go for 1 year. Hope this help. I don't want anything in return. Sometimes its just better to help others now let see if we can get upman to send you a radio.

Here is the reciept of payment

Oct 9, 2011 14:25:40 PDT
Transaction ID: 66V9496078817683M
Hello Michael Ladd,

You sent a payment of $30.00 USD to RadioReference.com LLC (webmaster@radioreference.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
RadioReference.com LLC
webmaster@radioreference.com
Instructions to merchant

Im paying for Rylak membership. Please apply my $30.00 payment to his account.
Shipping address - confirmed
Michael Ladd
---------------------------
Flushing, NY 11354
United States
Shipping details

The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
RadioReference.com Premium Subscription
Item# xeno194 $30.00 USD 1 $30.00 USD
Subtotal $30.00 USD
Total $30.00 USD
Payment $30.00 USD

Last edited:

bezking

Hey Mike,

You will want to email lindsay@radioreference.com and make sure he sees that you are paying for the other user. As far as I know the system is all automated so unless Lindsay steps in, the subscription is automatically applied (look at that confirmation email - see how it says "Item# xeno94" there?) to your account.

SCPD

QRT
Email sent to Lindsey

Rylak PM you address so i can send you the pro-2050 im not using it and you dont have anything to scan with. Hopefully your area is not digital. Im not doing any of this to be a in the spotlight or whatever the term might be, Its just good to help others when they need it. Just PM me your address so i can get this in the mail. I did my good deed for 2011 :)

And as of now your a member :) enjoy it.

Last edited:

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Guys, really, I uhm, wow, I am forever in your debt. Thank you so much for being so awesome. I can't begin to put into words what this means to me. There has got to be a way for me to reciprocate for your generosity. It may not be financial, but there needs to be something I can do.

Of course being a member I will try to offer my wisdom and answer questions others may have on here.

xeno194, please read the PM I sent to you. And I would be honored to have you as a friend on here.

rwier, I sent a request to you as well, and thank you so much for your offer to help in this regards.

To the rest of you on here, keep doing what it is you do. I appreciate it, and know others do as well. We all have a superb resource filled with many intelligent members.

-Rylak

SCPD

QRT
Im going to mail him one of my scanners. If anyone wants to chip in on the shipping and handing please do so cause its going to be like $20.00 to $25.00 to ship it out. If anyone is interested please PM me or help me out via paypal. I will match dollar for dollar whatever people donate and use paypal to make the shipping label. If anyone has anything they dont use laying around im sure this guy would get more use out of it right now he does not have anything. Keep in mind that he did not ask for anything from anyone if you have an old scanner you dont use then send it his way.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Woohoo! I'm official! xeno94, you are the greatest, thank you so very much. I also thank you rwier for offering to contribute! Truly amazing people.

-Rylak

rwier

Hi Rylak,

As to your previous pm, no offense, but some folks are not designed for "social networking", 'nuff said, lol.

However, one more pm containing your mailing address (USPS) might be beneficial.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.