Hello brand new to scanning and opinions on what i am ordering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4d

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys just wanted to say hello and ask what you guys think i am ordering my scanner here tomorrow and i would like opinions on what do you guys think of everything i am getting.

i already have freescan setup so i can just plug it in and upload it straight to my scanner when i get here in a couple of days.

I want to be able to scan Washington country sheriffs office since that is what the city uses also. I know it is a trunked system

but for the record its Oregon,Washington County, Forest Grove

Attachments

• scanner.jpg
    scanner.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Welcome to RadioReference. The BCT15X is a great scanner. I use one to supply my feed.

You don't say whether this scanner is for base or mobile use. By purchasing a mobile antenna and remote speaker I assume it is for mobile use.

( If it is only intended for base use you may not even need the antenna and speaker )

If your only intention is to monitor your public safety 800 MHz. trunked system I recommend an 800 MHz. antenna instead of the wide band antenna.

The adapter you are purchasing is backward. For that antenna you will need a SMA Female to BNC Male adapter.

It will look like the one on this page.

Last edited:

N8IAA

Hey guys just wanted to say hello and ask what you guys think i am ordering my scanner here tomorrow and i would like opinions on what do you guys think of everything i am getting.

i already have freescan setup so i can just plug it in and upload it straight to my scanner when i get here in a couple of days.

I want to be able to scan Washington country sheriffs office since that is what the city uses also. I know it is a trunked system

but for the record its Oregon,Washington County, Forest Grove

Since the radio has a BNC connector, why not order the antenna with the correct connector?
The Uniden USB-1 cable would be a better programming cable.

HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.