Hello from Edison, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Just getting back into scanning after a lot of years. I just ordered my first digital scanner (BCD396T) and hoping it will be here Tuesday and give me and my family a lot of interesting listening. If anyone has any suggestions what to listen to please help. I enjoy listening to Fire, EMS & Police I know Edison PD is encrypted and Woodbridge PD will soon be. I have read a lot of posts from all and it has helped us decide on what to buy. My next step is an attic antenna if anyone has any insight on which one, please let me know. Thanks for all your help.

williafa

I currently monitor
Somerset County
East Brunswick
New brunswick
North Brunswick
South Brunswick
Most of the Comventional freq. in and around Edison.
I do not listen to them all at the same time.
I use a PSR500 from GRE.

Highpockets

Just getting back into scanning after a lot of years. I just ordered my first digital scanner (BCD396T) and hoping it will be here Tuesday and give me and my family a lot of interesting listening. If anyone has any suggestions what to listen to please help. I enjoy listening to Fire, EMS & Police I know Edison PD is encrypted and Woodbridge PD will soon be. I have read a lot of posts from all and it has helped us decide on what to buy. My next step is an attic antenna if anyone has any insight on which one, please let me know. Thanks for all your help.

Here are 2 software packages for programing that scanner, and they are free, enjoy you new scanner.

http://scannow.org/

http://www.bctool.org/

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber

You can start monitoring Edison FD / EMS. It seems like something is always going on over there and always fun to listen to....

Check out Woodbridge and Metuchen as well if you want to start somewhere....

South Plainfield is an alright listen to have as one of those background channels that when something comes up, it's exciting!

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Hello from edison nj

thanks for the input my scanner should be here today and I plan on spending a good part of the afternoon and into the late hours of to night playing with it i have downloaded and read the 154 pages of the manual .

Highpockets thanks for the links I did order ARC396 pro to program it with.Just not sure about how to setup trunck systems i think that will be trail and error and a few new post here and there.

once more thank you for your input

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Well got my 396 today just completeted the first stage of programing and did not know how much i missed programed all middlesex county in and all NJ state all is coming in clear RR made its so easy just down loaded what I wanded and saved me 1/2 the time

Status
Not open for further replies.