Hello from Miami Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

My name is Ozzy & I am in Miami & I'm new to scanning, SO new that I'm not monitoring.....Yet!
I was looking at the Uniden 396T & would use it to monitor Miami Dade Police & Fire, along with City of Miami Police & Fire, iff I can get it programmed correctly!
I look forward to my new hobby & I'm certain I will have Many questions!
Just wanted to introduce myself........

Tracker

!Thank you......anyone selling a Uniden 396T.?
I contacted a gentleman/member in the RR classifieds section yesterday, but have not heard back yet....
Anyone know the link to where I can download software to program this radio..?
I wanna try & have everything set up on my PC so when I do get this radio, I can just download all the frequencies into it.......
Thanks again

Highpockets

!Thank you......anyone selling a Uniden 396T.?
I contacted a gentleman/member in the RR classifieds section yesterday, but have not heard back yet....
Anyone know the link to where I can download software to program this radio..?
I wanna try & have everything set up on my PC so when I do get this radio, I can just download all the frequencies into it.......
Thanks again

Downloads - Sixspot Software

Highpockets

Ok, will do....can i use this to somehow download the frequencies & talk groups from a site that may already have them?...I'm a lost rookie (lol)
Thank you

Using FreeScan, under the File tab on the top left, use the Import Choice, pick RR Conv or RR Trunked. Log in and pick your Country, State then County and choices will come up on the screen for you to import into the software. once your all done, save it and upload it to your scanner. Sounds hard, but you'll get the drift of it in a few minutes.

All the freq's/systems you need should be in the RadioReference Database.

Here is a user Guide for FreeScan:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FreeScan_User_Guide

Last edited:

Tracker

Using FreeScan, under the File tab on the top left, use the Import Choice, pick RR Conv or RR Trunked. Log in and pick your Country, State then County and choices will come up on the screen for you to import into the software. once your all done, save it and upload it to your scanner. Sounds hard, but you'll get the drift of it in a few minutes.

All the freq's/systems you need should be in the RadioReference Database.

Here is a user Guide for FreeScan:

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Thank you.....had a busy day today, but will try this tomorrow
Nice of you to take the time to help out a new guy...

Tracker

It was easier than I thought.......I downloaded City of Miami, would there be a problem if I now downloaded Miami Dade county & others?
Would I do this in the same manner?
hank for your guidance....still waiting on the member to reply to my request to buy a 396T in the RR classifieds.............

Tracker

My neighbor had a Uniden BC 780XLT that he'd selll me, would I be able to program that scanner with this software?

Highpockets

It was easier than I thought.......I downloaded City of Miami, would there be a problem if I now downloaded Miami Dade county & others?
Would I do this in the same manner?
hank for your guidance....still waiting on the member to reply to my request to buy a 396T in the RR classifieds.............

Yes you can add more, just open that file that you created (and saved) and add, delete, or whatever (save it) and upload to your scanner.

Highpockets

My neighbor had a Uniden BC 780XLT that he'd selll me, would I be able to program that scanner with this software?

No you would need a different software package. Also, if Miami/Dade goes to that new system (P25) I see in the Database the 780 will not monitor that. If when up and running that new P25 system encrypts it's talk groups you won't be able to monitor it with any scanner.

Tracker

No you would need a different software package. Also, if Miami/Dade goes to that new system (P25) I see in the Database the 780 will not monitor that. If when up and running that new P25 system encrypts it's talk groups you won't be able to monitor it with any scanner.

Will the 396T be able to monitor P25?

Highpockets

Will the 396T be able to monitor P25?

Yes, if the TG are not encrypted. I looked at the database and it says that system will replace the old Edacs system. Living in NJ I can only go by what I can read here. One of the locals may have some info on the new system and where it's heading. Right now I see no TG's listed for that new system or when it will be on line.

Post a thread in Florida or read the Florida Forum and see if there is anything on that system already started and keep up on that thread.

Tracker

Yes, if the TG are not encrypted. I looked at the database and it says that system will replace the old Edacs system. Living in NJ I can only go by what I can read here. One of the locals may have some info on the new system and where it's heading. Right now I see no TG's listed for that new system or when it will be on line.

Post a thread in Florida or read the Florida Forum and see if there is anything on that system already started and keep up on that thread.

Ok, our county just lowered the Officers pay in October, so I doubt that they are going away from the GE ratios any time soon, unless they can land a government grant

Tracker

is the different software free....? Is it as easy to use ad the 1 for the "T"?
Cause it it is, I might be able to borrow it n start scanning tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.