Hello from Plymouth counte, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoto

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

What a terrific site this is. I can't get over how much information there is. Thanks to all who make it possible!

The Big Brown Truck of Happiness is about to bring me my first scanner, a GRE PSR-500 Digital APCO-25 Triple-Trunking Handheld Scanner. I will mostly be tuning in to LE and FD bands in Plymouth county Massachusetts, and the MA SP. Maybe add more stuff later to cover areas I tend to visit or pass through a lot.

What I am debating about is which of the various programming softwares to grab. These are some that I know exist:

Software for Uniden HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr1
PSREdit - Configuration Editors for the new GRE line of scanners
Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Based upon one of the stickie'd threads, I will go off in search of the proper subforum to ask my feeble newbie questions about getting up and running. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

What a terrific site this is. I can't get over how much information there is. Thanks to all who make it possible!

The Big Brown Truck of Happiness is about to bring me my first scanner, a GRE PSR-500 Digital APCO-25 Triple-Trunking Handheld Scanner. I will mostly be tuning in to LE and FD bands in Plymouth county Massachusetts, and the MA SP. Maybe add more stuff later to cover areas I tend to visit or pass through a lot.

What I am debating about is which of the various programming softwares to grab. These are some that I know exist:

Software for Uniden HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr1
PSREdit - Configuration Editors for the new GRE line of scanners
Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Based upon one of the stickie'd threads, I will go off in search of the proper subforum to ask my feeble newbie questions about getting up and running. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

All three of those are very good, it most often comes down to personal preference as to which one is right for you.

They all have free trials, so download them all and try them out so you can see which is "best" for you..

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Hi,welcome to Radio Reference.As you can already see,if you got a question just ask.And enjoy your new scanner.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Using any of those software programs, plus a premium membership which you already have, will allow you do direct import anything you need from the database here. I know you also can find ready made software files for that scanner at www.scan-ne.net as I have a few files for that scanner uploaded to the software downloads section. Welcome aboard, both sites offer great help, feel free to ask. Check out the MA forum here as well.

I recommend Win 500 or PSREdit.

Status
Not open for further replies.