hello to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKaiser1001

Just want to introduce myself, Phillip,k and glad to have found this sight. I have a pro97 that works very good for my area of the country. i am having trouble with trunking channels. I only get beeps on replys.

n4yek

First, welcome to Radio Reference. You will find this site very helpful.

You might want to ask about the system in the Ohio State forum. Localized questions are always better asked where people are familiar with the area you live in. :)

N8IAA

Just want to introduce myself, Phillip,k and glad to have found this sight. I have a pro97 that works very good for my area of the country. i am having trouble with trunking channels. I only get beeps on replys.

If you have the Ohio MARCS P-25 digital system programmed in, the 97 will not be able to follow the CC's. This applies to your police and fire.
HTH,
Larry

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You don't say what system you are trying to monitor.

The PRO-97 is old technology and it does not support rebanded analog trunked systems. It also will not decode digital systems.

Both of the Ohio MARCS systems are digital, Chillicothe has already switched to MARCS, and I believe Ross County is in the process of switching to MARCS as the have applied for a grant.

County finally unified in radio system pursuit

Looks like it is time to upgrade to a modern digital scanner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.