Hell's Kitchen TV series in-production, on & near the LV Strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooligan

To save myself some time, this is quoting from an email I sent out to some friends on Tuesday...

I was lucky to discover all this simply by having the many VHF & UHF Business Radio Service
channels programmed into a couple of my radios. They can get annoying because there is so much
activity on them in urban areas, but obviously it can pay-off to scan them.

Heard activity on one while parked at The Rio parking
structure doing some SIGINTing & it was clearly some sort of film shoot. Heard them say "Switch
to channel 16" & found them on another BRS freq... Then found numerous other freqs in-use
late Monday afternoon. Based on "I have their knife bags," "____ is finally confirmed as a judge,"
"Contestants are all wired-up, set-quarantine starts now!" etc. I suspected it was a cooking competition show, and I'd heard rumors that Hell's Kitchen was
going to plan on a season using the HK restaurant in front of Caesar's Palace. I confirmed through an
independent source that HK is currently shooting here.

464.5125/466 Chan 1 - Production
469.4875/ Chan 2 - Production secondary
467.9125/ Chan 11 - Audio techs?
461.2875/245 Chan 16 -
469.5125/754
461.1625/244 Camera/boom operators
469.5625/054 "Getting a couple more Edison's from storage"
466.3375/023
461.3125/115 "Raise the camera boom 4 feet" "Paul, move your camera back 20 feet"

451.800/612 Wide-coverage production intercom (constant signal)
451.8125/431 Wide-coverage production intercom (constant signal)

I suspect numerous other freqs are in-use. They sometimes film at the Hell's Kitchen restaurant in
front of Caesar's Palace, but have a large set/sound stage in a massive tent set-up along Koval at Flamingo,
behind Bally's/Paris, where most of the activity I heard yesterday was taking place (I checked-out
Hell's Kitchen restaurant first, & it was business as-usual). The production apparently started in late
March, and based on a mention of using a snow machine, I expect it'll air this Winter.

Not yet confirmed, but 461.1875/331 is likely Hell's Kitchen restaurant hosts/managers -- if not,
it's another restaurant nearby.

In about a week, a crack-team from the Vegas Area Radio Geek Alerting Network's Special Collection Service will be operating a SIGINT post that should be in visual line of sight of the "Caesar's Entertainment Inc. sound stage" tent behind Bally's to gather more intel (in-between hookers & blow sessions). It'd be great to catch Gordie Ramsay's earwig freq, but alas, the wireless mic freqs should all be digital, and possibly even secure. If COMINT advises us that they'll be filming a segment in the restaurant, those VARGAN members not operating in an undercover capacity will endeavor to "coincidentally" be dining there during filming. When the show airs, look for a bunch of fat people at a table wearing sunglasses & fake mustaches, belching loudly and with a bunch of radios & food on our table.

Hooligan

Not yet confirmed, but 461.1875/331 is likely Hell's Kitchen restaurant hosts/managers -- if not,
it's another restaurant nearby.
461.1875 is not Hell's Kitchen, and there was zero evidence that HK people use radios for restaurant ops during the approx. 90 minutes that VARGAN had their banquet there.

We did hear some Hell's Kitchen TV show comms, but based on comms plus visual observation of their sound-stage tent from our 21st floor suite at The Elara last week, production was either on a break, or had mostly wrapped-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.