helo-helo freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
monitoring the local tv helicopter ('Chopper 16') recently I heard the pilot say he had been talking to pilots of other helos in area. anyone know specific helo-to-helo freqs?

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
This is from the Minnesota Air Medical Council, I'd assume this may be consistent across many states besides the midwest -

When Landing at a scene where there may be a possibility of more than one helicopter (other EMS, news, or State Patrol) monitor the air to air helicopter frequency of 123.025, and announce your position.

New media helicopters in the twin cities area and also the State Patrol helicopters monitor 122.75. Contact these helicopters on this frequency if theya re in your vicinity.

SD, ND, WI statewide Air to Air Helicopter 123.025

FreqOfNature

123.025 as has been mentioned here already is a national calling channel for rotor (helicopter) aircraft. In the Los Angeles metro area, and I'm sure other metro areas are similar, helicopter pilots follow freeway routes and will call on 123.025 when approaching a freeway interchange. 123.025 is also used to establish communication on scene but is not indented to be used as a "chat channel".

For more information you can check the pilot shop at your local airport for a rotor aircraft map.

http://www.freqofnature.com/images/heli-sectional-small.jpg

Tracy
www.freqofnature.com

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, all media, traffic watch, EMS and military helicopters/airplanes use 123.025 on the east side (east of Highway 360) and 122.775 on the west side for coordination.

Mark

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Yea, here in Dallas/Fort Worth the traffic watch airplane guys use it WAY too much, especially when they are on the west side. Some times you get so irritated by their non-sense you want to key the mic and say: "Shut-up!" Especially when you're trying to fly and watch Judge Judy, or do a live at the five!!!

Mark

Buttonville

letarotor is very right !
After we leave Toronto airspace we often ( we as in a co pilot and myself ) will tune to that freq, just for laughs as we hear other pilots who work for xyz airline complain about there already high wages or females they know along the route from Toronto to Vancover ( thier route not ours ) , it can be very comical at times ,letarotor is correct ...its blah blah..I can speak for myself , ive tuned in when were at cruise on our long flights in the Cessna Caravan ( Paul my co pilot is is tuned out..not awke , but not asleep ) Ill switch that freq to my headset only fer a chuckle or 2 to fend off the boredom of a long flight in North Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.