Help!! 396 firmware upgrade crashed, now nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Reapply the Firmware. If you checked the Major Upgrade box, make sure you enter the correct key given when you registered the ESN and Check Sum with uinden.com. When you load Firmware, the existing Firmware is erased before loading the new Firmware.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

garyjh2

I have attempted reinstall several times. Computer cannot communicate with scanner. I keep getting connect scanner message. When I disconnect scanner and power it up, the display is blank and the backlight continuously flashes. I think I killed my scanner!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have attempted reinstall several times. Computer cannot communicate with scanner. I keep getting connect scanner message. When I disconnect scanner and power it up, the display is blank and the backlight continuously flashes. I think I killed my scanner!

I wouldn't sweat it at this point. I doubt your scanner is dead.

Try this:

Remove the batteries and wait a minute or two. Put the batteries back in. With your right hand fingers, press down on the HOLD, 2, and 9 buttons and keep them pressed down. Now with your left hand, press the power button for two seconds while the HOLD, 2, and 9 are pressed in. You should get a screen "All Memory Clear - Please Wait"

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're asking in the wrong forum. You'll get a better and correct answer in the Uniden forum. The Uniden Project Manager for the DMA scanners reads and responds to posts over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.