Help a newbee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjseleski

Premium Subscriber
I am new to the site and the digital scanner world, I have recently purchased a RS pro-106 and I am using ARC 500 software. I have down loaded the sites and talkgroups and also conventional channels to the scanner. My problem is that I only hear the conventional channels no talk groups at all. The county and state I live in is using the APCO 25 system. I need some help, I have been at this for quite a few days and know it is probably something simple, maybe? I would apppreciate any help!!!!!!!

RomeRon

I am new to the site and the digital scanner world, I have recently purchased a RS pro-106 and I am using ARC 500 software. I have down loaded the sites and talkgroups and also conventional channels to the scanner. My problem is that I only hear the conventional channels no talk groups at all. The county and state I live in is using the APCO 25 system. I need some help, I have been at this for quite a few days and know it is probably something simple, maybe? I would apppreciate any help!!!!!!!

Have you tried looking through these post, Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

I can't find it now, but there was a thread where somebody wanted help with Dakota county MN and it would help you if only I could find it, may be under RS scanners, pro106 or one of the software threads.

scannerboy01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

You could read the instruction manual and see what it has to say about trunked systems. Or you could ask in your regional forum and get help from people experienced in your state's trunking system.

Last edited:

RomeRon

Here is a couple of pictures does your ARC500 show the same?

Attachments

• dak1.jpg
    dak1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 250
  • dak2.jpg
    dak2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought but are you close enough to hear the control channel?
If you program the channels as conventional channels do you hear the control data?
Do you have the scan list turned on in the scanner?

pjseleski

Premium Subscriber
I have a site within 3 miles and 11 miles so I think I am within range, also what would I hear? I think the scanlist is on how can I tell as I say I am a newbe

scannerboy01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

You can see if the scan list is on if by seeing the number of the scan list. Example: If scan list 1 is on, you should see the number 1 on the screen when you press the scan button.

scannerboy01

Scan lists that are solid have channels in them.

Last edited:

RomeRon

Before you try the file I am sending to you, in ARC500 make sure you do a File Save As and give it a name like Master file, so you don't lose what you already have programed.

Here is a zipped file for your county, unzip it to your desktop, start ARC500, click File then Open, open the file called dakk.gr5, once it is open in ARC500, click Scanner, Upload to scanner.

Let me know if you hear anything, if not we will keep trying something else until we get going.

Attachments

• dakk.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 44

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber

pjseleski

Premium Subscriber
Success to a certain degree

I have heard now the following talkgroups out of the 140 plus you sent me: DK PD 1, DK PD 3,
DK FIRE EST, I believe due to the fact that the file you sent me has more trunk system frequencies that the four I have, this is funny because I down loaded the same from RR. I should be hearing a boat load of transmissions but I am not where do we go from here? and also THANK YOU!!!!!

RomeRon

I have heard now the following talkgroups out of the 140 plus you sent me: DK PD 1, DK PD 3,
DK FIRE EST, I believe due to the fact that the file you sent me has more trunk system frequencies that the four I have, this is funny because I down loaded the same from RR. I should be hearing a boat load of transmissions but I am not where do we go from here? and also THANK YOU!!!!!

Try this one

Attachments

• DAKO.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.