help a newbie in St. Charles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vratchford

I bought a Uniden BC346XT and had no idea how difficult it would be to program. I have some conventional and some trunked programmed in using FreeScan/EZ Grab, but I don't think I have it just right. Is there anyone in the area that offers programming/quick tutorial services?

Thanks,
Vince

shaft

I bought a Uniden BC346XT and had no idea how difficult it would be to program. I have some conventional and some trunked programmed in using FreeScan/EZ Grab, but I don't think I have it just right. Is there anyone in the area that offers programming/quick tutorial services?

Thanks,
Vince

What systems are you trying to program in the scanner?

vratchford

Shaft - I am looking to monitor fire, police, ems in St. Charles and St. Louis Counties, and the municipalities within each county.

I'd be happy to pay the $15 for membership here to download if I was sure that it would be a pretty simple process to program using freescan after I made the purchase. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.

shaft

Police might be a tough one depending on where you live. St. Charles city and county Sheriff are P25 (digital), so your current scanner will not be able to pick them up. Fire/EMS and police in other localities including St. Louis county will be fine for your scanner.

The best bet is to pay the money to get access via software to the database. It makes programming your scanner a breeze.

vratchford

Thanks again. You are right about the ease of programming with database access. It is doing it's thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.