• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

help about CPS PLEASE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham2020

The language was working in the device when the device was 7.6, but after updating the device to 9.00 during the update appeared a message meaning you can not include the language you chose to the device and proved the English language and a language other than the one you specified

Now I want to return the device to an older version in order to operate the language the right way

dazey77

your stuck I am afraid. There is no simple way to go from 9 back down to a pre-9 version. You should be able to add a language but you may need a file and I have never tried this (benefits of speaking english). Better to persue getting your language on the V9 device.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The language was working in the device when the device was 7.6, but after updating the device to 9.00 during the update appeared a message meaning you can not include the language you chose to the device and proved the English language and a language other than the one you specified

Motorola sells several versions of CPS so you'll have to be more specific.

Unfortunately, most of your posts are lacking in basic info so it makes it hard for anyone to help you.

As a start, just telling us what type of radio you're using would help.

dazey77

Its posted in the Hytera forum and the numbers given identify the CPS variant and therefore the issue is common to the different models (pd6xx, 7xx, 9xx etc)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Its posted in the Hytera forum and the numbers given identify the CPS variant and therefore the issue is common to the different models (pd6xx, 7xx, 9xx etc)

Aha. I assumed it was posted in the Motorola forum. My mistake, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.