• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help! Ailunce HD-1 "Radio State Killed" ... how do I unkill it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
My HD-1 has been doing great, but this evening it fell from a standing position, face first into the table, and now I have a purple screen that says "Radio State Killed." The light on the top is red.

Anyone encounter this ? How do I unkill it without my laptop?

if not, can I unkill it with my laptop?

Literally, dog knocked the table, radio fell over onto the table, and now it shows as killed.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Does not sound like a very rugged product. Is it under warranty?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The radio has been in and out of severe weather and a few fires, so I wouldn't say it has a rugged issue.

I have it hooked up to the laptop and now it asks for a password ... I never entered a password. Anyone had their HD-1 enter "Killed" mode?

wrath

When your done in China try Japan, i lost a Yaesu in a snowball fight , i found it the easy way CRUCH!, as I backed out of my parking space , retrieved my radio and though the display was destroyed and never worked again for a short series of radios back then ( started with FT 530 wich was one of my first radios) they made a 2 pin mic (commonly now on baofeng /Kenwood radios) that had a complete display on speaker mic , i still have that mic somewhere ? Anyway I continued to use that radio for almost 5 more years, after driving over it an crushing it into the snow and ice with my car. Some radios are legendary it did morning an evening drive time having probably logged another 20,000 QSO in the days before laptops and cell phones I used index cards to record all my contacts ,lots of scribbles on scratchpad's carried over to my spiral bound cards ...enjoy the hobby my friend .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

The Japanese do know how to build a radio. The story I recall is that the ham radios sold in the US were derived from models built and tested in the Japanese market for years before export. The Japanese were also keen to get some US commercial market so the quality was very good. The low cost radios from China are unfortunately built to the lowest possible parts count and are not built to any commercial performance specs like TIA/603D.

wrath

Back in the day I was always wanting a standard, then standard horizon , i run a bunch of there speakers decommissioned from fire service vehicles great audio even today and they have to be 20 years old if a day .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.